Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    Interesting. Which parts do you think are inaccurate?

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Van View Post
    It's funny that the lack of an open mind gets attributed to the side that demands evidence for extraordinary claims, and when the preponderance of that evidence winds up on the other side of the argument, it is brushed off as "just opposing thoughts".
    Science had to remain open to "possibilities" now matter how unlikely they may be. That being said, it seems people who believe in stuff like this, typically, discount all science because some scientist work for corporations or because some work is done with government grants. If they actually spent the time to understand how peer review, grant funding ect works in real life they'd see these are insignificant factors at most. The media picking and choosing "scientific findings" for entertainment gives the impression that all science is bullshit. Nevermind the fact that we're using computers right now and not dying from the plague. Most people are just going to believe what feels right to them, just like many do with religion. Of course IF there is an intelligent species that was capable of traveling to earth then we could assume they would possess a level of technology that would allow them to do whatever they want without being detected. You don't travel over 4 light years and then accidentally crash in new mexico.

Still want to know what these chemtrails are supposed to be, that ones a little more down to earth. (pun intended)
    Last edited by Aaron Gustaveson; 10-02-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    lol i love thease silly videos, it's funny how one dude thinks he can debunk a whole subject. while using mainstream science info which is filterd by dudes that depend on government grants to run there labs, i was listening to an interview with a dna scientist in regards to african tribes that have midocondrial dna that is completly unknown, and is much older than regular human dna
    and is closer to modern humans but not related to neanderthols or any early homonids, and linda moulton how asked him could this be the result of alien intervention, and the dude just scwormed and squeeld like a little bitch and started studdering and tried to completly avoid the question like he was afraid to even talk about it. & i was thinking man this dude needs some back bone, no wonder you can't get a streight answer out of thease people, thats why main stream science is a joke on this subject. whats science without open minds and serious uncomfortable questions
    Maybe he didn't know how to answer without being rude or making them feel stupid? IDK, I didnt see it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    qft. srsly.
    Which QFT was that?

Quoted for truth, or Quit Fkin Talkin.

I'm old and shit, sometimes you have to spell it out.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quoted for truth, or Quit Fkin Talkin.

I'm old and shit, sometimes you have to spell it out.[/QUOTE]

I barely just learned lol and i'm only thirty. Thats what I get for living in the fuckin woods.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Without even looking at the video, I will statistically prove the existence of aliens.
    thousands of discovered known planets, in a space about 10% of the known universe that is nearly infinitely expanding. Take the 50 or so found in said space with temperatures similar to earths and atmospheric similarities and you now have the possibility of "life" as can exist in our known elemental science. Now, increase the numbers of planets, solar systems, livable moons, etc etc... and you are now looking at hundreds of thousands of potential homes for life.
    So for me, the existence of intelligent life is nothing if not mathematically certain!
    Unless the argument of the video is ancient aliens helping early civilizations... in which case, I missed the argument completely. Ah well. I feel smart.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Hilfiker View Post
    Without even looking at the video, I will statistically prove the existence of aliens.
    thousands of discovered known planets, in a space about 10% of the known universe that is nearly infinitely expanding. Take the 50 or so found in said space with temperatures similar to earths and atmospheric similarities and you now have the possibility of "life" as can exist in our known elemental science. Now, increase the numbers of planets, solar systems, livable moons, etc etc... and you are now looking at hundreds of thousands of potential homes for life.
    So for me, the existence of intelligent life is nothing if not mathematically certain!
    Unless the argument of the video is ancient aliens helping early civilizations... in which case, I missed the argument completely. Ah well. I feel smart.
    Of course the modern scientific view of the universe suggests that alien life is highly probably. I would personally be shocked if we somehow discovered that the only life in the universe existed on Earth. But, your statement is irrelevant to the discussion, because Ancient Aliens is indeed about the assertion that extraterrestrials visited Earth in ancient history, and helped build the megalithic structures around the world. As the video demonstrates, most of the evidence for this idea is spurious.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    gonna take a while to watch this. Watched the Puma Punku part yesterday and some of the Giza Pyramids part. So far the only thing that seemed iffy was comparing the ways used to build obelisks with how the Giza Pyramids might have been built. Seems like unproven hypothesis used to battle unproven hypothesis... Of course AA peoples sling around aliens mustve done it so much that it almost seems like the show is purposefully full of disinformation to distract people (maybe not on purpose) from the idea of pre-historic civilizations existing which probably gets more complicated... If people from other planets were here longer than us should they still be called aliens or is it then their planet? Just a goofy question in my head, not really trying to get at anything

gonna have to watch this video in sections
    Last edited by Sean Marshall; 10-02-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Scientist do accept that mathematically it is essentially a certainty that somewhere in the vastness of reality, intelligent beings other than ourselves exist. Unfortunately due to many physical factors of our reality it is extremely unlikely we'll ever met them.
    Last edited by Aaron Gustaveson; 10-02-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post
    gonna take a while to watch this. Watched the Puma Punku part yesterday and some of the Giza Pyramids part. So far the only thing that seemed iffy was comparing the ways used to build obelisks with how the Giza Pyramids might have been built. Seems like unproven hypothesis used to battle unproven hypothesis... Of course AA peoples sling around aliens mustve done it so much that it almost seems like the show is purposefully full of disinformation to distract people from the idea of pre-historic civilizations existing which probably gets more complicated... If people from other planets were here longer than us should they still be called aliens or is it then their planet? Just a goofy question in my head, not really trying to get at anything

gonna have to watch this video in sections
    Right on. Here's where I'm coming from: extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. If there is clear evidence that the Egyptians could quarry the stone, transport the stone, and shape the stone with the tools they had; if there is any plausible theory as to how they could have constructed the pyramids on their own; then, the addition of the highly implausible variable of aliens into the equation - an idea for which there is no evidence, other than the fact that building pyramids is hard (which actually isn't evidence for aliens, just not evidence against, which is not the same thing.) is silly.

Further, after watching this video, it becomes pretty clear that at least the people on this particular television show are peddling flat out fabrications.

I am not against the idea of aliens visiting the Earth. I find the idea fascinating, and I am curious as to why we do not have concrete evidence of this, considering the size and age of the universe. However, the truth matters to me, and I am not going to believe everything that supports an idea that I want to believe, just because it's more fun, or more satisfying to my ego, or something like that. I wanted to believe the Ancient Aliens. After I caught an episode of Season 1, I went nuts, downloaded every episode and watched them one after another, marathon style. I even watched the awful second season, where they were talking about aliens teaching Samurais how to make swords (seriously?). But, after looking at the evidence they present, it's just not there.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast