Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Indie/Suffolk MMA/ Combat Sports and Fitness Center

Checkin in with the Fam.

Hey guys, haven't been around here in a while. Just wanted the check in with you guys, and say "Hey!" Been working on my mushroom farm, and it's been quite a hassle getting everything together and going. Also, a friend of mine just emailed me this link this morning.

https://twitter.com/AwakenTheHerd

Pretty good stuff from the little that I have seen so far. I hope everyone is doing well.

K Madden

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Jeffries View Post
    Hey guys, haven't been around here in a while. Just wanted the check in with you guys, and say "Hey!" Been working on my mushroom farm, and it's been quite a hassle getting everything together and going. Also, a friend of mine just emailed me this link this morning.

https://twitter.com/AwakenTheHerd

Pretty good stuff from the little that I have seen so far. I hope everyone is doing well.
    Mushroom farm, eh? Really?

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Tell us about that mushroom farm.

Array

School
    It's been pretty fun! Been growing oyster mushrooms and collecting wild edibles to sell to restaurants in the area. They friggin' LOVE em man. I didn't know there was a market like that for them. I have been busy as hell, and had quite a few headaches, but I really can't say I have enjoyed anything better. I had a FaceBook page for my business, but I took it down because I didn't want to turn anymore costumers down. I'm already WAY under my demand, and have to bump up production a shit ton to meet it. Sporganic Cultivations is the name of the business. I wish I could link you guys the FB. Maybe soon, when I get back up to par. One day at the Farmer's market pays for my whole season's booth fee 3-4 times over.

Array

School
    In my mind
    Yeah brotha them some giant shrooms!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Magic mushrooms?
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Hey Brandon,

My friend's aunt is constantly collecting wild mushrooms in the mountains. She is from Southeast Asia, and I am a little worried she is underestimating the danger of poisonous mushrooms like the ones referred to as Death Caps and Destroying Angels that may not grow in her home country.

I would prefer that my friend not be accidentally poisoned by her aunt. Are there any field guides or other materials you would recommend beyond the basic online guides like this one: http://www.wikihow.com/Identify-a-Death-Cap-Mushroom.

Array

School
    @ Tony: Thanks Dude! Been workin hard.

@ Eddie: Only you would ask that publicly on the internet haha

@Jack: Yeah man, I recommend "The National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Mushrooms". You can't go wrong with it, especially when it comes to Amanitas. The most common type of people to accidentally eat poisonous mushrooms are Asian immigrants living in America. The most common mistake being, eating the Death Cap (which doesn't grow in Asia) because they thought it was a Paddy Straw Mushroom ( Volvariella Volvacea ). We had some one right on the other side of the state line, in VA, cook some for breakfast; he and his wife were in the hospital by noon. They survived fortunately.

Array

School
    @Jack: She could always post pictures of the mushroom on an online forum like the shroomery or mycotopia, and an expert can ID it for her before she eats it. Also MushroomObserver.org has a plethora of pictures that had been ID'd, by professionals, that can be use for reference.

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Thanks for all that info, Brandon!!! I'll pass all of that along.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast