Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    Team AMMA
    You been playing with the Black Mamba thingy from MTS 47? Me to and yeah same problem. Think it's coming down to the speed difference to the drilling of it and then in the live roll. As the others said I'm guessing I'm just to slow on the transition, thinking I can hold that quarter guard for longer than whats realistic.

Did land it once last night and that was solely cause I didn't even think about trying to hold quarter guard and just 'watered' around to dogfight
    www.twitter.com/totalpac

www.totalpackagepromotions.net
    Don't stop dreaming just cause you wake

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Alot of what Brandon said. Once I concede he is going to pass I actually use the ghost we do from side control as he is passing (aka before his hip hits the ground.) its easy to do because he already has the under hook on the far side... So I take the overlook.. Take my right arm and put it under his body to help throw him over me so I can spin under him... Usually brings me back to butterfly or sometimes gets me on top. It's really made a huge difference in my game.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    Alot of what Brandon said. Once I concede he is going to pass I actually use the ghost we do from side control as he is passing (aka before his hip hits the ground.) its easy to do because he already has the under hook on the far side... So I take the overlook.. Take my right arm and put it under his body to help throw him over me so I can spin under him... Usually brings me back to butterfly or sometimes gets me on top. It's really made a huge difference in my game.
    Agreed, Ghost is my go to from this when my partner has the underhook
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    dont be trying to hold quarterguard. have a plan and move. ive been hitting the double unders to dogfight here lately and its really good, but dont go there thinking you can just chill like its lockdown or something.

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    lots of good advice here

Array

School
    10th Planet Hobart
    Hobart, Tasmania.. The little island south of Australia
    Next class il help you drill it Nick!
    We did mini stomp last time so lets work some live drills where you try to get to dogfight!

Array

School
    Hobart No-Gi/Hybrid Training Centre
    Thanks for the advice everyone.

That'd be good Jem.

I think you guys are right about wanting to 'hold' Quarter Clinch in the same way you would some other positions. I'll make sure to be quicker to transition out of it and see how that goes.

Array

School
    Hobart No-Gi/Hybrid Training Centre
    Spot on, Tim. MTS 47.

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona/ Academy of Kings Top Team
    Quote Originally Posted by La'akea Sanborn View Post
    lots of good advice here
    Agreed

Now this is a thread right here!

We did this at the Denver seminar and eddie was emphasizing putting the free hand on his knee to help keep it on your stomach while you transition to mini-stomp and lockdown.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast