Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Great job, who was that maniac barking like an animal in the background? Nice carni attempt to, you even rode it around to mount.

Array

School
    Arlans Siqueira Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Awesome - getting better is all about the feedback and then repping what is required to get even better.

Array

School
    Pedro bessa, cardiff, wales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Spicely View Post
    my flexibility is pretty good ive been stretching for about 2 and half years, i tore my left knee or popped it or something a week before the tournament(the side i went to chill dog on)
    How did you pop your knee Eric?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Correia View Post
    good work.

like dartangan said, dont cross your feet. it took you a long time to get the choke but you earned it. really learn to work those over unders when you have their back. forcing them to defend the choke opens up other submissions.

second vid again good work. i dont really know what was happening on the far side. he seemed to really be working on your leg between his legs but it looked like he was giving you a free new york. u went for RG a few times went to the omo that turned into an arm bar.

id also like to add stretch stretch stretch. get flexible and you can fend off the stack along with its other million of advantages
    What some guys are missing here about crossing your feet. Not only is bad tech but by crossing your feet you put yourself into a leg log. If the other guy knows your ankle is gone.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    LOlL leg log...fail. I meant leg lock.

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    no, you meant leg log. admit it O_O

nice gogo to armbar though man, was sweet for your first match too

Array

School
    Tim Burrill Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by watty31 View Post
    How did you pop your knee Eric?
    i hyperextended it jumping down some stairs skateboarding a couple months ago and its been fucked up ever since. then in class i was mounted on someone and i moved up from the hips to higher up on his chest and it popped like 3 times. i could hardly walk after the competition

Array

School
    Tim Burrill Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Yockel View Post
    What some guys are missing here about crossing your feet. Not only is bad tech but by crossing your feet you put yourself into a leg log. If the other guy knows your ankle is gone.
    It is widely considered bad tech, but alot of people do it for better control especially when the other person is bucking and flailing around alot. Ive seen lots of top guys doing it but for only split seconds or when its absolutely necessary. which is personally why i dont mind doing it especially because i am very weary of the ankle lock from there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I would still be very careful. Even crossing your feet for a second, I know I would wait till you did and jump on that.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    On the first vid here, im just wondering if neck cranks are allowed? I almost never go for the choke. It's much easier to get a crank.
    On the second vid, I probably would have worked from the lockdown or quarter. You got 2 wins in 2 vids so theres not much to say. good work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast