Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Jacksonville

BJJ/JJ vs ????? videos anyone?

hey guys, was wondering if anyone woul dhappen to have or know where I can find videos of Brazilian Jiu jitsu or regular jiu jitsu vs, taekwondo, karate, kung fu, etc.

Tryin to get my girlfriend into jiu jitsu, but shes a die hard TKD fan.

even me i love TKD but in the end, i think its mostly for show, in a real fight you wont pull off any fancy spin kicks or flashy show moves. it comes down to what works.

she doesnt believe that JJ or BJJ will dominate TKD or any other art.
    I explained the track of closing the distance, and bringing the fight to the ground, and finnishing the fight. she isnt aware that BJJ and JJ practitioners do more than grapple.

tried finding TKD vs BJJ/JJ video sbut no luck.

kicking is like a whip I guess in theory, most of the power is released near the lower shin/actual foot area, if you close the distance, you cant use that "Whip" and kick effectively.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Just challenge her to a bare knuckle fight were she can go vale tudo on you while you can't hit her and promise not to injure her. Low single.. and the rest is muscle memory.

Array

School
    10th Planet West LA
    Look up the Gracie in Action Tapes and the first few UFC's she should hopefully get the idea.

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    CLASSIC!
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    hey guys, was wondering if anyone woul dhappen to have or know where I can find videos of Brazilian Jiu jitsu or regular jiu jitsu vs, taekwondo, karate, kung fu, etc.

Tryin to get my girlfriend into jiu jitsu, but shes a die hard TKD fan.

even me i love TKD but in the end, i think its mostly for show, in a real fight you wont pull off any fancy spin kicks or flashy show moves. it comes down to what works.

she doesnt believe that JJ or BJJ will dominate TKD or any other art.
    I explained the track of closing the distance, and bringing the fight to the ground, and finnishing the fight. she isnt aware that BJJ and JJ practitioners do more than grapple.

tried finding TKD vs BJJ/JJ video sbut no luck.

kicking is like a whip I guess in theory, most of the power is released near the lower shin/actual foot area, if you close the distance, you cant use that "Whip" and kick effectively.
    TKD spinning kicks are killer. and bjj cant dominate anything if you cant get it to the ground, so having some sort of standup is awesome and I think TKD is awesome, just check out the power of Chung lee and his TKD in mma.

So if you dont have good takedowns I would suggest letting her kick ur ass :P

Array

School
    Serra BJJ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast