Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Dolphicorns?? Awww man, I had it backwards. Time to toss out my "welcome to our new Uniphin overlords" sign

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    so, any updates of craziness? or are we waiting for it to hit midnight in Mexico?

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    Its nearly 2 am here and its just raining like usual. Carry on.
    Blue belt under Sean Bollinger

http://www.facebook.com/camcarr93?ref=tn_tnmn

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post
    So here is what I found with a few minutes of looking. There is no official name for this as far as I know, so it probably makes it harder to search for this

This guy patented a machine to pick up energy emitted from the eyes and is supposed to be writing a book about his findings
    http://www.rossinst.com/human_eyebeam_detection.html

I think I read this a while back
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...e-watching-you

Just some extra. The top answer guy talking about his researching this matches up with stuff Ive come up with personally on the subject
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7073047AAaHDBW
    the "Dr." Ross guy completely full of shit and the yahoo guy is just plain stupid. Best awnser 14% of the time.

The article you link to in psychology today was really interesting though. Of course they are dealing with instances where you can pick up the person who is staring at you in your peripheral vision so no type of esp involved.

Can people sense when other are staring at them? it seems that the answer is yes if they can see the person staring at them in their peripheral vision. Not exactly a shocker and no special mind powers required.
    Last edited by Aaron Gustaveson; 12-20-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    You notice this was a big thing a couple years ago. Now that embarrassment is hours away instead of months only the craziest fucks are still claiming to believe in this crap.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    the "Dr." Ross guy completely full of shit and the yahoo guy is just stupid.

The article you link to in psychology today was really interesting though. Of course they are dealing with instances where you can pick up the person who is staring at you in your peripheral vision so no type of esp involved.

Can people sense when other are staring at them? it seems that the answer is yes if they can see the person staring at them in their peripheral vision. Not exactly a shocker and no special mind powers required.
    I guess I shouldve done nothing like I thought. I just put up the best stuff I found on page 1 of a search, after you say you could find nothing. Just because you cant do it doesnt mean it cant be done, but if you dont understand it, then it must be magic nonsense. No one said anything about esp. Dr Ross might say that you are full of shit. The peripheral vision statement is just nonsense. Now you really seem like a troll. Classic troll move is to type out a misunderstanding of something and mixing up and adding ideas, words, and phrases to illicit a response. Not saying you are an internet troll, you just act like one

What you think is common sense would actually be jumping to conclusions in a subject you have no experience in. You jump to a guess that makes you feel comfortable. Nice science you've got there
    Last edited by Sean Marshall; 12-20-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Is anyone dead yet???????

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    This is funny.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    Is anyone dead yet???????
    Fuck yeah Im dead.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I guess I shouldve done nothing like I thought. I just put up the best stuff I found on page 1 of a search, after you say you could find nothing. Just because you cant do it doesnt mean it cant be done, but if you dont understand it, then it must be magic nonsense. No one said anything about esp. Dr Ross might say that you are full of shit. The peripheral vision statement is just nonsense. Now you really seem like a troll. Classic troll move is to type out a misunderstanding of something and mixing up and adding ideas, words, and phrases to illicit a response. Not saying you are an internet troll, you just act like one

What you think is common sense would actually be jumping to conclusions in a subject you have no experience in. You jump to a guess that makes you feel comfortable. Nice science you've got there
    Ok, calm down. I didn't know doctor ross was your daddy.

I did a quick google search, you did a quick google search, we both came up with nothing, like you said it doesnt mean there is not info out there on it. You did say it was accepted by the scientific community though so that should be easily demonstrated.

Dr.ross can say whatever he wants, i wouldn't give a shit, the guy has mental problems, thats why his ideas are limited to his website which he attempts to masquerade as an academic institution.

"No one mentioned anything about esp" Are you seriously backpedaling now to the extent that you are going to say you weren't proposing any type of unknown sensory ability is involved in sensing when people are staring at you? Thats some mighty thick bullshit.

Let me refresh your short and selective memory,

I wrote,

"Look dude, if you can see the future or use the force or some shit you need to clue the rest of us in."

Your response,

example - Recently its been accepted in the scientific community that people can feel when other people are looking at them.
    The peripheral vision aspect is straight from the only legit link you posted and unaltered. Sounds like you didnt read it.

I'm not applying the scientific method here nor am I in the position to do so, financially or time wise. Nor did I ever state or imply that I was researching this topic in a scientific context. The fact that you think it would even be possible for me to be researching this in a manner fitting accepted scientific methods is a dead give away that you dont have the foggiest clue about how science is done.

The possibility of cool shit like unknown mind powers doesnt make me uncomfortable in the least, I'd love for this stuff to be true, doesnt mean I'm willing to believe in what ever sounds cool.

Your tone makes it seem like you think I'm being unreasonable. WTF? Someone doesnt go right along with your mystical beliefs and their a troll?
    Last edited by Aaron Gustaveson; 12-20-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast