Thread: UFC on FX 6

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu

UFC on FX 6

What a great show. These free shows have been excellent. Even better than ppvs.

After Lombards octagon debut I really wasn't sure Lombard could hang in the UFC. He got back to his murderous ways and just short of destroyed Paul Harris. I'd like to see him smash Buspings face in but I have a feeling we won't see that fight for awhile. The winner of okami/belcher would be good too.

Chad Mended! Two KOs in a row. Albeit not again very highly ranked foes but regardless for someone considered by many a "lay n pray" master he looked awesome doing it. Fw is still a bit shallow but come on let's give this guy a top 10 caliber opponent. I know this last guy was a last minute replacement and props to him for stepping up but Mendes doesn't need to be crushing cans. Dustin Poirier would an interesting match up in my eyes.

Mike Pierce did what Mike Pierce does best. Get the takedown and grind out that decision. I can appreciate that style kinda like the way that I am a Jon Fitch fan. The cool thing about Pierce is he'd not afraid to fight anyone and always comes to fight. The only way he has lost in the past is by close decisions. I don't know who to give him next but a higher caliber fighter for sure. Maybe Matt Brown?

Joey Beltran saved himself from being cut with that performance. He was pretty dominate for 15 mins. I can appreciate Beltrans brawler style. If he was smart he would get some good wins crushing non ufc worthy opponents to avoid getting the axe.

Ross Perason straight up dominated Sots. I became a fan of Pearson after his fight with Barboza, which I thought he won. I don't know what hsppened to Sotiropoylos be something isn't right for him. Pearson looked really good and Sots couldn't handle the power of Ross. Ross Pearson vs Melvin Guillard tickles my fancy.

Oh and there's two more TUF winners but does anyone care?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I would edit but I need to renew my pro membership..meh ill do it later

Sam Sales

yes was a great card. I enjoyed it.
    Looking like Matt Brown might fight Dan Hardy next. I like that fight. :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I would automatically count Matt brown out but he has proven me wrong every time! It's like someone put lime juice in his dip.

Array

School
    ASES Valencia
    I'm looking forward to it and to UFC on Fuel 7. Stucky is fighting again. He said he'll drop to a lower weight class and after his match with Thiago Silva I hope he steps in the octagon even better than before!

Sam Sales

Haha I LOVE Matt Brown. Dude is so raw and no nonsense, and even in a loss you know you have just watched a great scrap. :-)

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    I would automatically count Matt brown out but he has proven me wrong every time! It's like someone put lime juice in his dip.
    Yeah don't count him out. He has a granite chin so it's not likely that Hardy's gonna put him down. Plus his wrestling is better than Hardy's. Add to all that, Matt Brown is easily THE grittiest fighter in the UFC who just drains the soul out of fighters with is relentless grind whether it's striking or grappling. If Hardy wins, major props to him. But my money's on Matt Brown. Although, if he tries to keep it on the feet too long, Hardy will likely outstrike him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    Haha I LOVE Matt Brown. Dude is so raw and no nonsense, and even in a loss you know you have just watched a great scrap. :-)
    Same here man. He's one of the baddest MF'ers in the UFC. I'll be a fan of his whether he wins or loses. He's like an exciting version of John Fitch. I can't say I've ever seen a boring Matt Brown fight.