Array

School
    lancaster and morecambe MMA

Best stretches for the rubber guard and bjj in general???

Hey so im quite new to jj and my flexibility is pretty good naturally but seeing guys like eddie and rob drysdale pull there legs up so easy and keep them there i was wondering what are the best stretches to be able to have that level of flexibility?

Array

School
    Yemaso Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Ryan "Creepy" Hall Flexibility on youtube has some good stretches geared towards BJJ.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    There are lots of good threads on the forum already with great flexibility routines/videos, just search for one.

Array

School
    Super Gym, Knutsford
    There are several stretch routines shown in Eddie Bravo's "Mastering The Rubber Guard" book which should be a great help if you've not already seen them. I've been practising them every night for the last couple of weeks; I've already noticed an improvement in my range of movement (that last sentence sounds like an 80s rap. A bad one. Which I think is a good thing).

I'll never be as flexible as the likes of Eddie (especially as age and injuries are against me) but I've been pleasantly surprised by the change I've noticed even in such a short timescale. I also find the stretching really relaxes me at the end of the day, helps me wind down.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    yoga in general is great for jiu-jitsu players

Array

School
    lancaster and morecambe MMA
    thank you all for the help