Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    "Eddie knows where and as soon as I get there, there's going to be another Moon on the board"
    Houston Is a great place to live! lol, Look up the Woodlands Tx.
    That's Hilarious!!! I used to live in the Woodlands in the mid to late 80's! I'm not saying where yet, but when I get there, hold on to your socks Batman I am so ready to make my 10th Planet SHINE!

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
    I've experienced similar circumstances. I bet there's millions of guys across the world that have to keep it under wraps while training at traditional places...more branches are definitely needed.*
    There will be others who are not in places where there will not be a branch. Small towns a long way from anywhere etc. Strange foreign countries (NZ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Beaumont View Post
    It's OK to be the voice of one crying out in the wilderness.
    Like what Brian said, I dont really know how the group thing works, but we should have on for 10thPlanets wandering disciples. So those forced by circumstance to fend for themselves can share ideas.

It could have info on grading requirements (which I have heard reference to but cant find), travel logistics for going to gyms (wheres the cheapest place to stay near......), newby questions (everyone I train with has this rash.......). Im not really sure how the group thing works though.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    that crap happend to me, i started gracie barra and i discovered there was a 10th planet school a hour away in charlotte,so i added some 10p stuff to my face book and talked about training there ..then i get a message from a cat that doesnt even know me and said "isnnt your teacher Y" and i said yes. "you know he is a afiiliate of Z "(who is a GB black belt)..."your a traiter"!!!

i was called everything in the book...and then told i should come back now or i might not be welcomed back later

i mean grow up.

Array

School
    Kombat Sports
    That's trippy that there's a lot of this going on

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Keeling View Post
    That's Hilarious!!! I used to live in the Woodlands in the mid to late 80's! I'm not saying where yet, but when I get there, hold on to your socks Batman I am so ready to make my 10th Planet SHINE!
    If that was some kind of mind fuck prophecy I just made, I have a few things to say. 1) The Woodlands has a Gracie Barra and another one just 20 min away in Magnolia not that its a problem I have talke to a few guys from those schools and they seem cool. 2) You will have one hard core mother fucking Nibiru soilder waiting when you get here to stand by you. 3)Im probably going to have to revisit my beliefs about a higher power 4)contact me, I can keep a seceret and will do whatever I can to help you with the relocation i.e. scouting locations or WHATEVER! I even have a good real estate agent. e-mail: jmw0582@yahoo.com

.....and if I am way off base please excuse my crazy rant but this would be epic for me
    Last edited by Jonathan Wylie; 08-21-2010 at 11:46 PM.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    if you think thats a mind fuck prophecy...i found 10th planet charlotte online one weekend,decided to go the next saturday and the night before i go i saw a vid online of a 10p charlotte student winning a gold at NAGA and his opponet looked familer,,it was a guy from my then schhool and at the bottom of the vid was my instructer at the time and his teacher and beside them was a guy in a ballcap yelling..and i found out it was jon my future and current instructer ..

its like 10t planet has some MYSTIC properties

Array

School
    Nothing near so exciting for me.

I was training under a bluebelt in NZ who was under a blackbelt who lived in Brazil. The bluebelt had been training MMA and Muay Thai in our gym and teaching us BJJ. As it turned out, he did not have permission to teach. He taught some stuff and I heard him say X would kill us if he knew we were doing this. I asked what it was and he said "some Eddie Bravo shit". I said, whos he. They said "some guy that comes up with lots of off the wall stuff". I saw the book (Twister) sitting there too.

Then another MMA gym who was mates with blackbelt X paid for him to come from Brazil to New Zealand. He was a small, but extremely angry man. He made all the BJJ guys who had trained under him leave our gym and go to the one who paid for him to come out.

I went to a meeting of the gyms, where he claimed credit for all the guys wins as his own (even though they trained with us up to 18 hours a week). He sounded like a smaller angrier version of Renato. "I watch their fights [video] they winning with my shit, they winning on the ground". I thought that was funny because when I was there, they were training Eddies shit.

Anyway, we were out on our arse, but I remembered Eddies name, googled it, watched some off his stuff, found this place, bought all the books etc. Now we are happy again.

Cheers Eddie

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    im surprised he didnt try to charge you money for "his shit" just because you watched them train lol

The response seems to be universal. That's to be expected when the status quo is threatened. When your trained into a 1993 Royce Gracie mentality it's hard to except that you were just the beggining of a new era not the end. The danger for us (I think) will come when 10th Planet is superior in numbers as well as technique and mind set. It's easy to be the underdog but when we're #1 everyone will be picking at our heals even more than now. That's why I think we need to follow Eddie's example on this. It seems (correct me if I'm off base here Eddie) that the worse they get the more humble and respectful he gets. There are no us vs them hate speachs. I've heard him talk about the Gracie family like they're royalty. It takes something special to take the high road, but no one says we have to show any quarter in the ring. . Let's be better than that. Aynone who has read Animal Farm knows what I'm afraid of, "the pigs are walking". Let's not become like them. In the mean time let's take care of each other as well as the orphans who show up on our doorstep. Let's lead by example.
    Last edited by Brian Beaumont AKA Thor; 08-22-2010 at 05:26 PM.

Array

School
    Well put.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast