Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    I go to class twice a day four days a week. Classes are 2 hours long so 16 hours total training I roll about hour a day, rest of the time drilling and also I train my Judo twice a week for about an hour no more than that though getting thrown sucks.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Why do you only "go to a few classes here and there , but not consistently"
    It sounds like you dont like doing it

Array

School
    Adam Ryan MMA/Chekmat Vancouver
    A few reasons Tom . I get frustrated really easy , something I really gotta work on for sure. I get frustrated with how I am not able to execute the moves I am learning , and I know I shouldnt , because its part of the learning curve . Another reason is just having the motivation to go , I think I let my work life consume to much of my energy , and thats another thing I gotta do , is leave my work at work and not let it take over my life outside.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Tiganis View Post
    A few reasons Tom . I get frustrated really easy , something I really gotta work on for sure. I get frustrated with how I am not able to execute the moves I am learning , and I know I shouldnt , because its part of the learning curve . Another reason is just having the motivation to go , I think I let my work life consume to much of my energy , and thats another thing I gotta do , is leave my work at work and not let it take over my life outside.
    sounds like you need to relax man. you already have a job to take seriously. just have fun with jiu jitsu

Array

School
    Spartan Club Ireland
    Twice a week is enough in the beginning to learn and gain. Most schools will have a beginners 101 program that will run for 6 weeks or so. Just sign up for one of those programs and commit to it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I can understant that. Some days i leave class feeling like i'm making tons of progress and really starting to get it. Other days, or even weeks, i feel like im not making any progress or even getting worse.
    I guess learning to have patience and dealing with frustration is all apart of the humbling JJ experience

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Carbone View Post
    I can understant that. Some days i leave class feeling like i'm making tons of progress and really starting to get it. Other days, or even weeks, i feel like im not making any progress or even getting worse.
    I guess learning to have patience and dealing with frustration is all apart of the humbling JJ experience
    You got Coach Zog man, you will be fine in the long run. With his help you should a destroyer soon enough.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Thanks. Good coaching and helpful teammates have definitely made the process easier and more fun.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Don't let Tom fool you, the dudes a beast, and he'll be tearing it up in the competition scene soon enough
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Tiganis View Post
    Its a long journey my friend so strap in and enjoy the ride. Everyone progresses at a different rate, so don't get frustrated just rep more. The more mat time the better. About work, you have to just leave that shit at work. I still work a 40 hrs per week day job and then run the gym at night so I know how your job can eat you alive. Unless you run that company, the minute you walk out the door try consuming yourself with thoughts of jiu jitsu or whatever to keep work at work. Over time things will mellow out.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast