Array

School
    Montalvo Martial Arts Lifestyle Center/10th Planet Omaha

Is this legit? MACP Certificate of Training to Jiu Jitsu ranking?

http://www.armedforcescombatives.com/id56.html

Found this online while looking at some gear. Legit or not? I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble to dig up my certificates from the depths of my basement. Sounds kinda sketchy to me.

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    it says it is not bjj promotion but jjj promotion

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Sound like load of shit to me. I am a black belt in MCMAP and this just screams to me: belt collectors come one come all and get ranked in a martial arts system not credited from the DOD. It's playing on the military ego, because what Marine, solider, seaman Airman doesn't want to say I have two black belts. Its about the journey not the belt. If one of my Marines bought into this shit, I would be very disappointed. Money trap, thats all I see, all the information on this site was taken from Wikipedia as well.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    One of my students is an instructor/black belt and he said there is a world of difference between so he never refs to himself as a black belt. My other student who is in the Navy instead of the Marines ran through their instructor and everyone in the classes and never went back since he only has a year left and he felt it wasn't worth his time. Oh well though all tht will get sorted out in the end it always does.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    I don't really claim my black belt in MCMAP as an actual accomplishment. MCMAP is more a set of tools for someone who never been in a fight and gives you more options for killing (not fighting) an opponent. There are some useful moves, but an average blue belt or an experience white belt in Jiu Jitsu can school quite a few instructors. Quite a few cross-train and do MMA on the side though. I myself would probably walk into a school and get fucking destroyed and I can admit that. I can't say I don't have my pride but if I lose it's because the other guy trained harder than me and I need to train. Train like we fight. That's the moto.

Array

School
    Montalvo Martial Arts Lifestyle Center/10th Planet Omaha
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this looked like crap. Looks like it's free so at least they're not taking people's cash. It's supposed to be a "bridge" for vets to teach martial arts but I totally agree with you guys. Our MACP instructors were worthless 90% of the time when put up against real martial artists, even though they claimed they "hated" training anyone with previous martial arts experience. Anyone remember the old saying "I learned enough to get my ass kicked."? To be fair, anyone I've ever trained with who was a certified instructor from Ft. Benning has been legit. Unit level trainers are a roll of the dice.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    Yeah usually the Instructor Trainers (black belt/red tabs) were legit and could serious damage. I used to love how they would tell me you need to unlearn all the "bad" habits you formed while doing Martial arts outside the Marine Corps. Yeah like I can unlearn a year of wrestling and 5 years of Judo in the blink of an eye, just so I can learn some lazy ass Gracie Combatives rip off. I did MCMAP because I loved martial arts and wanted to get promoted, no legitimately brags about having their black and 9-10 times the instructors are their friends and hook people up. Those are the people who usually get exposed. Once you get your brown belt you are encouraged to crosstrain in different martial arts to give a good fighting base to the techniques you learn in MCMAP. It's a system that is supposed to expose a person to the reality of a fighting situation. Everyone knows if you are fully armed and have side arm and a fucking knife (which all Marines on patrol do have) and you end up on the ground fighting with someone, something is seriously fucking wrong. It is a program more desired to teach values and the combat mindset than be taken seriously as a martial arts systems. The fact the try to "certify" you to teach MACP and MCMAP in a civilian based setting (which far as I know isn't allowed) is laughable. Were trained killers because of the weaponry and training method we use not the color of our damn belts. My instructor told me all the belt does is hold your pants up.

K Madden

No military combatives training transfers over. Period.