Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

MTS recommendation?

Hey guys I been at the MTS and with so many many techniques on there, which MTS should I focus on for Cora as she has only 3 weeks left of training before Kids Pan Am? Just to let you know, we are currently drilling the Lockdown and the X guard and the butterfly guard. You watched her videos, anything you can recommend that we can work on these last 3 wks to help her do well? I was told that her biggest competition is a girl from AOJ Mendes bros. camp. Possible rubber guard vs de la riva???

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Hard to say. Use the MTS episode guide and the technique guide. Browse through and get some ideas.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Ep.4, Ep.19, Ep.41

I think you could infuse that kinda stuff into her game immidiately.

Array

School
    I think we don't have much time to do anything new. We will stick with the ones she already know, but polish it up more. She's ok with the Lockdown now, if she can use it to get 90 lb boys off of her, then I think she can get 60 lb girls off of her. Her X guard and butterfly sweep been looking pretty good, just need to drill it more. At the last tournament, they say kids can't do omoplatas, so we going to drill the Sorcerer more now. She get the invisible collar at will now, so according to the MTS, Master Eddie go to move is the Sorcerer from the invisible collar. Cora never gone this far, she usually hit the gogoplata from the invisible collar, but for this tournament, hopefully she get the Sorcerer. If she does, its going to be sick. CAn you imagine a 10 yr old pulling that off in a live tournament? I haven't seen it done yet by both adult or kids. From the looks of things, I think she is ready, but i'm still nervous.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Does she work the electric chair at all? Easy move, and super applicable if her lockdown is solid.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    sorcerer would be most likely be illegal for her because its a neck crank

Array

School
    sorcerer is a neck crank? wow i didn't know that...ok thanks for the heads up. And yes we been working on the electric chair sweep, not the tap out and she's getting really good at it. I will try to upload all the techniques we mentioned on one vid to show yall she's been using them in live sparring.

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    yep its a double armbar and reverse half nelson

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    I think we don't have much time to do anything new. We will stick with the ones she already know, but polish it up more.
    This is correct thinking, no time for new, just drill the crap outta the stuff she knows. Posture, posture breaks, getting lockdown with double unders fight. Zombie drills to get the hand on the mat. A little extra cardio work. Set up drill for defense. have her start with someone on her back with double hooks and have her defend and escape. Defend half locked triangles, mount escapes to lockdown. Basics that will pay off if she happens to get caught. Also some extra stand up work with a solid standing game plan.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Does the girl that is her main challenge have any video's online?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast