Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    brianspinaltap:" Eddie was showing going from butterfly guard to full guard on a recent MTS."

Do you happen to know which MTS that is? I can't find it.

Array

School
    Nevermind, I spent 30 minutes and found that episode.. its MTS 12 at the 14 minute mark. Butterfly guard to full guard... looks doable....in a short time.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Work ministomp to double unders lockdown. Thats def the fast track to the clinch. De la riva guard is great for this as well, but those are two different games.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Mini stomp to lockdown is sweet, so is deep half, but what about just standing, pushing them back and passing to side and finishing. My training partners hate my lock down, so I fake the slide to mini stomp and come up into a hybred knee slice/M1 pass. One hand on the knee, one hand on the back of the neck, don't drive straight back, use the hand on the neck to pull him to the weak spot in his base(butt cheek of knee up side).Once butt cheek hits mat, knee slice and push the knee back(ala M1 pass). I so wish I had a video camera!!!! OH well,

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    ^ I agree. The sooner she learns to pass, control, and finish from the top the better.

Array

School
    Maybe I am being misleading, when I post this thread. Cora has a mean top game. She is very rounded. The reason why I mention the pulling the guard is because she isn't all that great with take downs... But once they are on top and she sweep them, most of the time she can get on side control and end it there. I would say she is about 60 % on her back and only 40% on top. She just gravitate to attack being on her back. She just doesn't want to waste time wrestling with the boys. She rather settle for them taking her down and working from there. Her side control escape is improving so much each week. She has some crazy combination of kimura to armbar from the north south control. Recently she just added the knee ride to her game. You guys haven't seen any of this is because she ends the fight too fast from her back that she never had to go to her top game.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    You didn't say stand up. You said combat stance. From here it's easy to make them think you wanna play guard, then situp and push them on their ass and pass.

She can still be working for guard and if she gets it great, but if they are completely focused on avoiding guard, it's good to switch it on them. Options keep them guessing and open up more opportunities as well as keepin them guessing.

Array

School
    Bobby: that is exactly what we been working on... EVERYONE knows she wants to pull guard now. So now we been working on the butterfly guard to full guard. We also been working on the mini stomp to lockdown, to electric chair sweep. We been working on her control of the lockdown (angry rainbow) and also the half and half as Master Eddie suggested. I think at her age level, with those few moves from the half guard will be surfice for now. And of course, when she gets on top, she knows exactly what to do. We don't have to work on that much. Another thing we been working on also is posture breaking... or if she can't break their posture, do a fail hip bump to a ninja choke or back to rubber guard. Also her invisible croc is coming along nicely. Its all clicking now, I think she is ready.

Array

School
    Bobby: here's a vid of some of that options.. this was about 2 wks ago, she's polished some of the moves up already even though in this vid, it does looks really rough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGPfxnt7fyM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12