Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

Pulling Guard help

So I've notice more and more kids are adjusting to Cora's rubber guard game. They are now starting to make it harder to pull guard on them. They are putting there knee up in combat position now, thus preventing her from pulling guard. I'm sure you guys already experience this, so please help. What other ways to pull guard? Or what do you do from there, once they put their knee up in your ass to prevent you from pulling guard? I've been teaching Cora to go into the Mini stomp to electric chair OR fight for the X guard sweep. Anyway other way to overcome this? Anyway other way to pull guard when their knee is up? THanks Bruce

Eddie was showing going from butterfly guard to full guard on a recent MTS. I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before, because its an easy transition. Full butterfly guard isn't hard to get on somebody with one knee up - put one butterfly in then grab whatever you can, pull them forward then get the other hook in.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Don't think mini stomp to electric chair to much. Just focus on the mini stomp to double underhooks and solidify your lockdown. Ministomp ministomp ministomp.

Also start workin de la riva. They're giving it to you.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Yeah i was thinking amybe some open guard work could be good. if ur starting from a sitting position sometimes i like to go on my knees so they think ill try to get on top and then once they reposition themselves i sit down and grab guard. you can also play two on one with their legs. one hand on the inside of their knee and the other on the ankle. you push the ankle down or even hook it and pull it towards the other leg and push the knee out, this can unbalance them and give u a chance to pull guard.

marcelo garcia has a small video on youtube about how he likes to uses butterfly guard against bigger opponents and it goes into how he uses it right from the start, its really useful vie found when someone wont give u guard.

hope that helps

Array

School
    UFC Gym Torrance
    berimbolo their asses!

Array

School
    that ministomp to lockdown is very good. We been working on that. she is getting pretty good at the lockdown and the half and half. It has saved her many time from bad situations. Also that butterfly guard to full guard is nice also, I've been watching the new warm up drill of the Hip bump mount escape, where you bump up to get butterfly guard and go right into the full guard...that is nice too. We will work on those two more. THanks guys.

And if master eddie should read this, if he have another idea, please chime in...

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    i've found success faking a double leg(level change, tap the knees) than flying guard jump or try this, if your fine with cora being on top

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    btw one of my fave thigns to do form guard is a failed hip bump. ill give it a go and if i get the sweep then great but im looking for them to post their arm on the ground and then i grab it and either flying kung fu or flying new york it. with all ive heard about coras rubber guard i thought it might be something she'd like

Array

School
    Issac: we been working on the fake hip bump to the ninja choke... she really like that. Also from the fake hip bump, she can come back down right into chill dog. All this is for when she is in their guard and can't break their posture. But she still have to work for that guard first before doing all of this.

Array

School
    sorry... meant to say "all this is when they are in her guard."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast