Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu

The Machine Results From NAGA Rhode Island

First chance I have had to let everyone know how I did at Naga this past weekend.

Silver in No Gi and Silver in Gi. but kinda Gold in No Gi. LOL. Let me explain....

Stacked group made it to gold match and lost to a kid that walked thru rest of division, just like I did. My falt for loss, missed a whip up and ended up in bad spot. After loss one of Naga people tracked me down and gave me the first place sword. Kid went on to expert division and won Gi and No Gi, so they said it wasn't right he entered intermediate
    division. They said it was perfect example of sandbagging. I told them I didn't want it, because I know I can beat him I lost because I made a misstake. They made me take it anyways.

Big thing is silver has kept me in running for national title, so I was happy.lol.

Could tell you about Gi because had some wars in that division, but nobody really cares about Gi.lol.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Thats really awesome man. Keep on killin it

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Congrats....so if you meet your goal is your dad still going to bring you to a UFC in December?

This guy cares about the Gi

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    If I win title he will do a UFC for me, but we also talked about flying out and training at HQ for a few days. not sure what I want. Trying to worry about just getting title right now. Got 3 tournaments in November 1 NAGA and 2 smaller one's in N.Y. Going to be busy.

OK This is how Gi went Robert.LOL.
    I went to gold round, and kid outweighed me by 30 pounds. He was strong with Judo (my takedown stuff sucks) He took me down and I swept to mount instantly. I was going for armbar and lost it, he stood up and knew he didn't want to be down with me again. Ran out of time with 2-2 tie. Went to 4 overtimes, he spent whole time trying to throw me and I stuffed every attempt. I sat down once and motioned for him to come in, he wouldn't so reff made me stand back up. Finally I just went for a leg and latched on, pulled him into half guard. As soon as I did reff stopped and said it was all over. He gave him the win saying he had advantage. I said really???? He stayed off the ground for 4 overtimes, I finally got it there to do jiu jitsu and you stop it...But like my dad said, after 10 minutes the reff was looking for anything he could to end it. But it was pretty entertaining watching me stuff this judo guy over and over again. I saw in the film some of the reffs at the rings next to us started watching the marathon of wills.lol.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    Great job congrats

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Good Job!

You're a machine

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Fly out to HQ, trust! A lot more exciting than going to a UFC! And congrats, very humble approach by you man not accepting the sword..but glad you got it

Array

School
    Ronin
    Good job dude I think you deserve the sword regardless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast