Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Sam Sales

Rogan discusses Lloyd Irvin (from 1.18.30). Talks about all the shit Lloyd talks and his scamming haha

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center

What do you guys think about this double DQ? At least I'm pretty sure that's what just happened.

This seems to happen a lot when two berimbolo/de la riva-style players fight. Haven't seen a ref this pissed off though haha.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I agree with it. They had fair enough warning
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    I am pretty sure if the Berimbolo became illegal the Miyao brothers would just sit on the mat for 8 minutes, they are very skilled at what they do I just can't enjoy their style.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I respect how good they are but I'd like to see them shock everybody and just randomly stand up and pass. Berimbolo is cool but you gotta have a somewhat rounded out game. Wheres the fun in only focusing on one move?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    What I don't understand is why Keenan doesn't play a different style against them. He clearly has a well-rounded dominant game - seems like he could pass. Unless he just doesn't think he'd be able to stop Miyao from working the de la riva.. Or maybe he just wants to prove that he can beat them at that game. idk..

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Gammel View Post
    What I don't understand is why Keenan doesn't play a different style against them. He clearly has a well-rounded dominant game - seems like he could pass. Unless he just doesn't think he'd be able to stop Miyao from working the de la riva.. Or maybe he just wants to prove that he can beat them at that game. idk..
    It's not a matter of whether keenan could or couldn't pass. The strategy he uses against the miyao bros works every time. Why change when you're winning? The same goes for the miyao bros, they beat everyone except keenan with that berimbolo game.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin W. View Post
    It's not a matter of whether keenan could or couldn't pass. The strategy he uses against the miyao bros works every time. Why change when you're winning? The same goes for the miyao bros, they beat everyone except keenan with that berimbolo game.
    No for sure - agree 100%. If you can't stop it, them you can't blame them for doing it.

That said.. They were warned and I think Keenan could disengage force them to play half, pass and win. Obviously hypothetical - I'm sure they didn't think they would actually get DQ'd when, in their mind, they were fighting.

Idk. The angle on this was not all that great. From what I could tell, towards the end Keenan may have been trying for some ankle locks and/or leg locks.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin W. View Post
    This is it. He even said as much in that interview I read with him. He uses a different strategy with the brothers than he does with everyone else.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast