Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    Wooo, I'm going to be working at the Boston Open for the day. Getting paid to watch my teammates compete as well as Keenan's first competition as a member of Atos? Score!

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by jack labarge View Post
    it’s official!

Keenan cornelius just confirmed to graciemag.com that he will be training with andre galvão, the mendes brothers and will be competing at the upcoming boston open and pan championship under the flag of atos jj.

When asked, keenan wrote: “i don’t know how officially joining a team works but i don’t really want to jump into another team without really getting a feel for the coach. For obvious reasons. I do still need to register for competitions so i am asking professor galvao if i can do that for the boston open and pan.“

earlier this week, we have talked with andre galvão and guilherme mendes about the contact with keenan.

Gui told us that it was keenan who first got in touch: “i later called him and we talked a bit”, said mendes, making sure that at that point (last wednesday) nothing was 100% sure.

Galvão said almost the same thing: “he got in touch with me. I don’t know him personally very well but he seems to be a upright kid besides being obviously a very ggod athlete and competitor. If he complies with the rules of our team like everybody else, he will be very welcome to train with us.”

http://www.graciemag.com/2013/03/kee...under-atos-jj/
    fuck yeah!!! :-)

Sam Sales

Those video's of his matches @ this upcoming Boston open are sure as shit going to get a whole bunch of hits on youtube. Seems like people are super pumped to see Keenan compete for that team. :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    If that story is true, Lloyd Irvin is going to jail if they come forward. That is disgusting, what piece of shit takes advantage of his students trust and respect like that?! He is completely pissing on everything the Master/Student relationship stands for. He is a blight on this martial art, this sport and as a human being. I don't want to believe someone is doing this to other people, but why when I look at Lloyd Irvin in the back on my head do I think, "You are a piece of shit." I hated him when I found out he charges $1,500 AN HOUR for private lessons. Royce Gracie only charges $300 for fucksake. Now I got an even bigger reason to not like this prick.
    this guy just sounds like a con artist, amoral to the point of insanity. I thought this story was pretty much over a while ago when he finally posted up an apology and with such a lot of media control, i dont want to condemn without seeing physical proof. but if its at all true, even the tiniest bit, thats disgusting

And kyle i jsut checked heres the link

http://www.lloydirvin.com/adult/bjj/lessons.htm

its a minimum of $1500 for a private, its $1800 for an hour with leg locks and a ridiculous $2500 for combat jiu jitsu instruction. I shit you not.

from the website

Privates with Lloyd Irvin should be made at least 4-6 weeks in advance due to his schedule. If you are in town on a last minute notice you can call to see if any pre-scheduled time slots have opened up. There is no guarantee that you’ll be able to get a private lesson on short notice.
    There are no volume discounts for private lessons. Week long intensive group trainings for private corporations start at $20,000.

this guy is seriously on an ego trip, sounds like he thinks he is god of all things jiu jitsu.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    in support of that schultz guys thing i found this, mix those two together and it sounds pretty bad

http://www.lloydirvin.com/adult/bjj/BlackBeltClub.htm

theres pretty much a club that you have to go into if u want your black belt, and then there is a secret group inside the club called soldiers of submission. no details about it but if u have the desire to be a true champion, you have to join.

this just screams WRONG

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    this guy just sounds like a con artist, amoral to the point of insanity. I thought this story was pretty much over a while ago when he finally posted up an apology and with such a lot of media control, i dont want to condemn without seeing physical proof. but if its at all true, even the tiniest bit, thats disgusting

its a minimum of $1500 for a private, its $1800 for an hour with leg locks and a ridiculous $2500 for combat jiu jitsu instruction. I shit you not.

from the website

Privates with Lloyd Irvin should be made at least 4-6 weeks in advance due to his schedule. If you are in town on a last minute notice you can call to see if any pre-scheduled time slots have opened up. There is no guarantee that you’ll be able to get a private lesson on short notice.
    There are no volume discounts for private lessons. Week long intensive group trainings for private corporations start at $20,000.

this guy is seriously on an ego trip, sounds like he thinks he is god of all things jiu jitsu.
    haha my coach is a Brazilian dude, very open minded, super legit 2nd or 3rd degree black belt (Valmyr Neto VNteam/Checkmat) and I can get an hour private with him for like $50/$60. I know he is not as 'famous' as Lloyd Irvin, but Lloyd sure as shit couldn't show me $1500 worth of extra information than Neto in an hour. Plus Neto is an awesome dude and an incredible coach, and most importantly a decent human being that often puts his team before himself. That is a coach I want to be around. :-)

$1500-$2500 for a 1 hour private lesson is fucking crazy. :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post

from the website

Like I said, piece of shit.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Gossip has it JT Torres also moved to Atos

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    Gossip has it JT Torres also moved to Atos
    Yeah Galvao just tweeted welcoming them both to the team. :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    On the Next Episode of Medal Chasers: Nothing.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast