Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    this guy just sounds like a con artist, amoral to the point of insanity. I thought this story was pretty much over a while ago when he finally posted up an apology and with such a lot of media control, i dont want to condemn without seeing physical proof. but if its at all true, even the tiniest bit, thats disgusting

And kyle i jsut checked heres the link

http://www.lloydirvin.com/adult/bjj/lessons.htm

its a minimum of $1500 for a private, its $1800 for an hour with leg locks and a ridiculous $2500 for combat jiu jitsu instruction. I shit you not.

from the website

Privates with Lloyd Irvin should be made at least 4-6 weeks in advance due to his schedule. If you are in town on a last minute notice you can call to see if any pre-scheduled time slots have opened up. There is no guarantee that you’ll be able to get a private lesson on short notice.
    There are no volume discounts for private lessons. Week long intensive group trainings for private corporations start at $20,000.

this guy is seriously on an ego trip, sounds like he thinks he is god of all things jiu jitsu.
    I don't think it is an ego trip as much as he just doesn't want to do private lessons anymore. Eddie brings up people doing it in one podcast and I heard the same thing from someone else and the person isn't even associated with TLI. Not to say he doesn't have an ego, but that probably isn't the reason for his ridiculous pricing.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    The reason Master Lioyd Irvin charges so much for his incredible private lessons is because he shows the 5 point palm exploding heart technique. and only a select few are worthy of learning that technique.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. About that screenshot of the email, he's edited his website

(some people have written asking me after I posted this ‘why its a DRAFT of an email?’
    I asked Mr. CrazyPants the same question…
    well now you get to see even moreso why he’s such a pain in the ASS
    and that truth really is stranger than fiction…
    He typed out the email on his laptop, crossed out his name and email addy and
    turned it into a .jpg and sent it to me in a BLANK email.
    I was like “WTF bro?” and he told me he didn’t want to send it as
    an email because someone might “intercept it”… REALLY!?
    Trust me he’s worth the hassle but he’s full-on loony toons.)

I feel bad for any fool who is paying $100k for this. Dude is worse than a televangelist.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle spalla View Post
    on the next episode of medal chasers: Nothing.
    lol!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Not to beat a dead horse, but apparently someone messed with his wikipedia page. It's already been changed back. But it was fun while it lasted.

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Its official JT is with Atos now also

Array

School
    Toronto No Gi
    Bloody hell, who the hell is left on the team now? Really shock that Nyjah Easton didn't leave yet.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse, but apparently someone messed with his wikipedia page. It's already been changed back. But it was fun while it lasted.

Lol!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    André Galvão was coming home from training earlier this week when he received a message on his phone.

It was Keenan Cornelius. “We started to exchange messages then. Only today did we talk on the phone.”

The brown belt was asking Andre if he could go down to California to train at Atos JJ. His relationship with Team Lloyd Irvin had just ended: “I didn’t ask him the details of all that happened, but I’m sure that it was something very serious for Keenan and the others to decide to leave. Once Team Lloyd Irvin was very strong and united,” Galvão told GRACIEMAG.com.

After Keenan, another message arrived; this time was black belt Jonathan “JT” Torres. “He is also welcome here. Jordon Schultz and another fighter are also coming,” said André.

The leader of Atos JJ says his doors are open but makes sure that anyone who comes will have to follow his rules: “I’m still going to talk to them as soon as they arrive, but I already told him that we have our rules and they need to be followed. After all they went through, I want them here to look ahead and leave the past behind.”

JT and Keenan, according to Galvão, will be living in San Diego and training mainly with him and his team, but some trips to Costa Mesa, where the Mendes Bros have an academy, are a possibility: “Every Jiu-Jitsu fighter has it’s own game and I hope that they brings a lot of new things to our game at the same time as we help them grow.”

Galvão, who is in Indiana teaching a seminar, says Keenan will train for the first time with Atos next week and JT some days later. A good host, Galvão is doing everything he can for the two to have a warm welcome: “I already told my students to send messages to them giving the welcome. Our focus now needs to be on the training once we have a lot of important championships ahead.”

http://www.graciemag.com/2013/03/gal...to-the-future/

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    André Galvão was coming home from training earlier this week when he received a message on his phone.

It was Keenan Cornelius. “We started to exchange messages then. Only today did we talk on the phone.”

The brown belt was asking Andre if he could go down to California to train at Atos JJ. His relationship with Team Lloyd Irvin had just ended: “I didn’t ask him the details of all that happened, but I’m sure that it was something very serious for Keenan and the others to decide to leave. Once Team Lloyd Irvin was very strong and united,” Galvão told GRACIEMAG.com.

After Keenan, another message arrived; this time was black belt Jonathan “JT” Torres. “He is also welcome here. Jordon Schultz and another fighter are also coming,” said André.

The leader of Atos JJ says his doors are open but makes sure that anyone who comes will have to follow his rules: “I’m still going to talk to them as soon as they arrive, but I already told him that we have our rules and they need to be followed. After all they went through, I want them here to look ahead and leave the past behind.”

JT and Keenan, according to Galvão, will be living in San Diego and training mainly with him and his team, but some trips to Costa Mesa, where the Mendes Bros have an academy, are a possibility: “Every Jiu-Jitsu fighter has it’s own game and I hope that they brings a lot of new things to our game at the same time as we help them grow.”

Galvão, who is in Indiana teaching a seminar, says Keenan will train for the first time with Atos next week and JT some days later. A good host, Galvão is doing everything he can for the two to have a warm welcome: “I already told my students to send messages to them giving the welcome. Our focus now needs to be on the training once we have a lot of important championships ahead.”

http://www.graciemag.com/2013/03/gal...to-the-future/

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast