Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    if you watch the aftermath on line, he shows how to do it on bonner.

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    the one thing I find impressive is making it on to TuF with that weak defence against a gilliotine when you are a wresler.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by nabbflax View Post
    the one thing I find impressive is making it on to TuF with that weak defence against a gilliotine when you are a wresler.
    Marc Stevens is a legit BJJ brown belt....I know its hard to believe from the performance, he should have set up that shot a little better!

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    Ok you guys are right, Marc Stevens and he is one of my coach's. But let me clear a couple things up for you. He is a top of the food chain legit Gracie Jiu Jitsu player who just got his brown belt. Trust me ........ He knows how to defend the Gilliotine. He has NEVER been put to sleep or submitted in any jiu jitsu tournament....... Or in practice as far as I can remember. He has nothing but praise for Cody being able to end him with it. In fact if you watch it again , you will see he cleared and was in side control, yes Cody had his leg hooked but it wasn't what crushed him. He says I have been in that spot a thousand times, there is no way anyone should be able to finish someone on top in side control, except for Cody and his unorthadox way of putting it on.

As far as being the cocky dick everyone is talking about, You guys are not seeing the real Marc. He is confident for sure !!!! But as he always tells any of his students who get into the ring, You better be confident, or you shouldn't be doing it. Lack of confidence and not trusting your training and skill level, is asking to get hurt when you get into a cage. Many of the cocky remarks are done in fun and he says it with a smile on his face. The cockiness not done for real, was in response to someone who started running there mouth first. Example . out on the deck of the house and the GSP team calling him MINI KOZ. I can tell you for sure that was in response to someone getting cocky with him...... and it was no act, Somebody/anybody talks shit to him, he will throw down. Has nothing to do with trying to impress somebody. Marc's laughing about it, he say's If they need a villain whatever. There have been way bigger duccie boys in the house. BRUCE LEROY come on, the guys the king of cocky clowns said and done way more things than coach ever has.......but people love him, don't get it.

The one that bothered me the most was the aftermath show with Cody. Calling Marc a bitch and a punk. Saying he was sorry it went to the ground because he wanted to keep it standing so he could cut him up.......and hurt him. PLEASE, I can't think he really wanted that. I can tell you after being around Marc a long time, because if that had been expressed to his face he would have gave him the chance . I guess thats whats getting me all these guys talking shit about him now, like he was some lucky chump that made it in the house, with one luck punch. When in fact I know he was looked at by coach's on both sides as one of the most experienced, well rounded, dangerous guys in the place. I know for sure You will never hear him say anything about anyone, thaty he wouldn't say to there face. Thats the kind of guy he is. I will bet money all the guys jumping on the band wagon in that house now, to call him a bitch and a punk ,never express that to his face on film in that house. If they were doing it it was in whispers behind his back........who's the bitch?

Ok now on to the truth about the fight. The one thing we could get out of coach, was that he wished he had ended up on GSP team. He felt they were coached extreamly well. Do you think he wanted to go to the ground with Cody ????? Hell no. Watch the fight again and the game plan GSP laid out. He sent Cody on a bull rush, force Marc to respond with muscle memory and not his brain. And for a wrestler since he was 5, muscle memory was shoot....like he said, no thought , his body just did it. Trust me, he has watched it over and over again. And I tell you guys to do that to, because if it had been a thought response, The kick was blocked and caught, one step to the right and unload that overhand right. Bang !!!!!! You have a replay of how he got into the house. Oh and there was no running that Cody was spouting off about. Marc wouldn't run from a bulldozer.

I know for sure...... This may be the best TUF ever. There are no Gabe Rudagers in that house. But if someone has to be the dick in the house, I guess my coach would be a good fit. Not because he is one, but because he has the attitude to handle it. Always with a smile.

So thats it, some of the inside scoop from what I know. And a student sticking up for his Sensei .

Array

School
    Rōnin
    the confidence that i think is good for fighting is a cool confidence like fador, sakuraba, and gsp have the confidence Marc and the whole yellow team show is called begin a douche bag and when you get your ass handed to you it is way wores then if you where respectful.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post
    It doesnt look like anything special, because you have not been around this very long. Trust me, its impressive. EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. he has beaten he beats with it, every single one of them knows its coming, dont you think, just maybe all those guys probably have better guillotine defense that you do (I am guessing you are a white belt with under 18 months training) and yet you still dont think its impressive? Once around the block a few times, I think your tune will change.
    well said , some shit you just better not get caught in

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    team GSP martial artists , team Kosh meatheads, all braun & no brains & it shows, Nam Phan is the only one with a martial artists mentality on that team

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post
    It doesnt look like anything special, because you have not been around this very long. Trust me, its impressive. EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. he has beaten he beats with it, every single one of them knows its coming, dont you think, just maybe all those guys probably have better guillotine defense that you do (I am guessing you are a white belt with under 18 months training) and yet you still dont think its impressive? Once around the block a few times, I think your tune will change.
    Might not have been doing this that long but when you beat a guy who trained for years with BJ Penn and Champion submissions grapplers/Wrestlers/Sambo fighters WHO ALL know the guillotine, you learn quickly on how to get out of things. I've also beaten a ricardo almeida black belt and a Renzo gracie black belt, and that is one guy. Time doesn't mean anything. It's how much you want to be good at what you do. I have the desire and drive to be the best I can be, so don't think just cause I hold NO rank in Jiu Jitsu at all doesn't mean I can't roll with top dogs. Of course there are people who out class me, but when I meet them I will spend as much time with them as I can to learn whatever I can.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffRace727 View Post
    Might not have been doing this that long but when you beat a guy who trained for years with BJ Penn and Champion submissions grapplers/Wrestlers/Sambo fighters WHO ALL know the guillotine, you learn quickly on how to get out of things. I've also beaten a ricardo almeida black belt and a Renzo gracie black belt, and that is one guy. Time doesn't mean anything. It's how much you want to be good at what you do. I have the desire and drive to be the best I can be, so don't think just cause I hold NO rank in Jiu Jitsu at all doesn't mean I can't roll with top dogs. Of course there are people who out class me, but when I meet them I will spend as much time with them as I can to learn whatever I can.
    Time does matter. Good people get better with more time. They also see alot more and experience more things. Things you dont usually see, like a nigh unstoppable Guillotine. Things that impress people that have been around a while. Stick around a while, and cody's guillotine, will impress you.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I never understood why people get emotionally involved into the "characters" they see on TUF or in pre-fight interviews. It's a fight not a soap opera. If I were to ever dislike another grappler or fighter it would be over a real life personal issue, not a brief one way representation of them on some tv show, crammed between a Burger King ad and a promo clip for 1000 Ways to Die.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast