Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Are you able to DLR if youre going against someone that wont stand pass but pass on their knees instead? I look for it but it doesnt seem like its there. Like not even one knee up the middle just straight knees
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Are you able to DLR if youre going against someone that wont stand pass but pass on their knees instead? I look for it but it doesnt seem like its there. Like not even one knee up the middle just straight knees
    No, but what you can do is force them to come to one knee or stand. The most reliable way to do this is to insert your lower leg into a half guard, and then use your free leg to push against their hip. The pulling of the bottom leg and pushing of the free leg will force them to stand or come to combat base (one leg up).

Then you can turn your bottom leg into a reverse DLR/spiral hook. From here you can go into the RDLR options or while keeping a grip of their close heel, keep your free leg on their hip to maintain distance, remove your RDLR hook, place it on their hip as well. Both feet should now be on their close hip. Now, take your outside leg and simply make it a DLR hook.

You can also go back to the RDLR by reversing the process. Control the heel, remove the DLR hook, place it on the hip, then make a RDLR hook with your inside leg. You cannot just switch from DLR to RDLR or RDLR to DLR without keeping pressure on their hip to maintain the distance. If you just take out the hook on one side and put it in on the other side they will smash you.

This is a a greal drill for guard retention. Switch from hip to hip, DLR to RDLR and the other way around. Anytime the stuff or remove a hook, switch hips and go to the other side.

Array

School
    ^ yep

You can also settle into a z-guard and invert to tornado. Hard for me to sweep nogi but I can usually force them to stand or bring a knee up. Then dlr, rdlr, x, single x, you get the idea.

Array

School
    10th planet Barranquilla
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    This is how I work my nogi dlr. Relentless and mobile. I try to control the wrist, far ankle, and wrist with heel control. I either hook the heel or cup it depending on his base and defense. The dlr failed, but you see how it transitions beatifully with spiral, or reverse dlr. Im sure the spiral back take was made possible from the headache he was getting from defending dlr. And Rustam is a really good leglock guy.
    very very nice bobby rivers

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    I'm glad you made this thread for me as a reference. Although we touched on the DLR and Berimbolos, we have not have the time to dive into it yet. However, the kid that recently beat Cora been playing this game for a while now, understandably so since he trains at AOJ with Mendes bros. My question is, is there a video on how to DEFEND against it? I figure if we don't have time to drill the DLR yet since we been working on our clinch game (half guard), I still want to teach Cora how to defend against it. Thanks

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Best way to learn to defend something it to learn the attack real well!!

Array

School
    I agree. If you know what he's trying to accomplish you know what to stop and when to escape. You know how some people don't defend the zomie? If you know rg, there's no way in hell you're gonna let that happen.

When im attacking I like to skip the whole fuckin thing and fly over with cartwheels, rolling kimuras or guillatines. Or I drop to both knees and try to double under and counter his defense to it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    I'm glad you made this thread for me as a reference. Although we touched on the DLR and Berimbolos, we have not have the time to dive into it yet. However, the kid that recently beat Cora been playing this game for a while now, understandably so since he trains at AOJ with Mendes bros. My question is, is there a video on how to DEFEND against it? I figure if we don't have time to drill the DLR yet since we been working on our clinch game (half guard), I still want to teach Cora how to defend against it. Thanks
    I know Lovato put out a video on how to beat the berimbolo. It's in the gi but the concepts translate no gi. Ill have to find it.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Eddie says he doesn't prefer standing passing, because he doesn't like people underneath him and around his feet. I agree. But there are so many good ways to standing pass, so it just depends on which is better. Your passing or their guard.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    I hear what yall are saying. But I'm trying to get her to have a better understanding of the half guard game first. I just pray that in the meanwhile noone hit her up with the DLR or berimbolos... After she get the half guard game down, for sure DLR and berimbolos are next on our list.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast