Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan cybul View Post
    very very nice bobby rivers
    You do realize that wasn't me right?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    I hear what yall are saying. But I'm trying to get her to have a better understanding of the half guard game first. I just pray that in the meanwhile noone hit her up with the DLR or berimbolos... After she get the half guard game down, for sure DLR and berimbolos are next on our list.
    You got time. The problem will arise when your ministomp fails and your opponent has a rediculous base and standing passing game. Eddies quarter guard to dogfight is just as valuable as this entire thread. Its just several of many options.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    I know Lovato put out a video on how to beat the berimbolo. It's in the gi but the concepts translate no gi. Ill have to find it.
    Imo its a 2 way street. The same problems that arise trying to apply dlr nogi come up tryin to defend it. Its way easier to grab that pant leg and back step than to hold on to an ankle or foot. Also no lapel means you can just push on his ribs for body control. Works both ways.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    I think Eddie mentions it in an MTS episode about just sitting your ass down as soon as somebody ties up your legs. I have been doing that for a while now, seems to be OK defense for now. Should be good for Cora now as leg attacks are generally frowned upon in Kids BJJ.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    I hear what yall are saying. But I'm trying to get her to have a better understanding of the half guard game first. I just pray that in the meanwhile noone hit her up with the DLR or berimbolos... After she get the half guard game down, for sure DLR and berimbolos are next on our list.
    I dont think for her age group the understanding of how to play an effective DLR will be there. Focus on half guard is a good choice.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    This is how I work my nogi dlr. Relentless and mobile. I try to control the wrist, far ankle, and wrist with heel control. I either hook the heel or cup it depending on his base and defense. The dlr failed, but you see how it transitions beatifully with spiral, or reverse dlr. Im sure the spiral back take was made possible from the headache he was getting from defending dlr. And Rustam is a really good leglock guy.
    Good video. Although this one doesn't result in any sweeps, it's probably the best example of using the RDLR to maintain and control distance without the gi. The fact that Rafa completely shut down Rodolfo's passing is amazing. Rafa never lets Rodolfo pass his hips line.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Brent: that half guard game, lockdown, 1/4 guard, has been GOLD for her so far. YOu don't know how many times it bail her out of trouble because of her able to grab onto that 1/4 guard and reel it in for the lockdown. There is a boy about 100lbs in her class that is a higher belt, he would always, I mean ALWAYS tap her out by just dropping his weight on her and then hunt for the AMericana. I'm so sick of seeing it. Everything I teach her how to counter that doesn't work on him....UNTIL the lockdown become part of her game. Now she is putting up more of a fight. The lockdown give her enough time to work her game. The lockdown has really lift her game to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    Good video. Although this one doesn't result in any sweeps, it's probably the best example of using the RDLR to maintain and control distance without the gi. The fact that Rafa completely shut down Rodolfo's passing is amazing. Rafa never lets Rodolfo pass his hips line.

Yeah, love that vid, its a clinic on how to maintain and control the distance that the Mendes brothers preach even against a monster who has a crazy amount of weight on you

Rafa is the man

Array

School
    Its a clinic on both ends. You have to believe that 99% of people would have been either passed in Rafa's case or swept in Rodolfo's.

At 2:30. Thats how you defend dlr nogi.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    So just smashing that bottom leg and staying tight?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast