Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    BJJ Akademie Berlin

Peleo diet breakfast ideas...

Hey all,

Just starting to get into the whole paleo diet concept now that my PT is almost done.

I have a few ideas as to what to eat for breakfast, but I usually gotta eat on the run and it can't be messy because I need to eat on the train (which can be and usually is crowded, plus I have a transfer). I can eat later when my group as their "morning snack" (I'm a kindergarten teacher), but I don't like to wait until almost 9:30/9:45 to eat when I get up at 6:30. I want to get the body working and keep my energy up.

So I am wondering what you guys might suggest. Something other than hard boiled eggs.

Thanks!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Salmon with a mango purée is delicious over a bed of greens. Really light and refreshing way to start your morning.

Array

School
    BJJ Akademie Berlin
    Sounds tasty. Maybe I could make it into some sort of lettuce wrap and make it easier to eat on the go.

Array

School
    10th planet Melbourne/ GVJJ
    Kale shake dude. Best way to start the day

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Personally I can't stand kale, so I blend up baby spinach with some scoops of whey protien. (I know whey protein is not paleo, I'm just saying)
    Baby spinach is so mild that you can use it with water as a base for almost anything. Berries, Bananas, whatever.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Fe
    Bulletproof coffee. It's how I start every day and I'm not hungry til mid afternoon.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    How about an omelette? Eggs, peppers, onions, spinach.

Personally, when I'm in a hurry I poach two eggs and then cut an avocado in half and eat it with a spoon on the road.

Array

School
    BJJ Akademie Berlin
    Love avocados. I am going to try that tomorrow.

I am starting to finish up knee rehab and will start to do a halfway to work bike commute soon. So looks like I might try to do some shakes, but on rainy days I will work on doing wraps and making some stiff omelets and see if I can eat them sandwich style!

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I read something about Avacados recently. I can't remember how or why, but supposedly when you mix an Avacado with a Tomato in a blender, the two somehow aquire an even healthier effect than if you were to eat just one or the other alone. It's like they compliment each other and release some special properties or something, but I can't remember exactly what or how....

If I find that picture i read the info from, I will let you know. But the lesson is: One tomato and one avacado blended makes a nice, healthy, tastey, nutritious liquid lunch.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10WO
    I second poached eggs and avocadoes! Or if there is any leftover meat from dinner just grab that and chow down. A handful or so of almonds can be a solid choice as well Also, don't be afraid to just listen to your body in regards to your eating habits. If you aren't hungry first thing of the morning, don't think you have to eat right then and there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast