Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I hear you on the spamming. I noticed the Belcher emails stopped after the loss against Michael. I still want the DVD set though!

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    I hear you on the spamming. I noticed the Belcher emails stopped after the loss against Michael. I still want the DVD set though!
    yes he is probably going to want to remove the "And watch him CRUSH Michael Bisping in the UFC 159 co-main event on April 27th" bit off his site too.
    I hated the whole 'bashthebrit' thing he tried to get going too. I honestly think Alan got so caught up in the pre-fight banter, immunity etc, he just wasn't on his game at all. Hopefully he doesn't get cut. That is 2 in a row now right?

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    As a mma fighter, you have a lot of people in your ear at all times telling you, what works and what doesn't, what should be done and what shouldn't. Good hands can neutralize a kickboxer, and good sub game can defeat a wrestler, good wrestling can stifle bjj. Leg kicks can stop a boxer. What has been brought up earlier in the thread is the problem: lack of faith and it is disturbing. Phil Davis didn't have faith in his wrestling, but had it for his hands (he obviously worked hard) Vinny had no faith in hands or ground. And what was belcher to do? jump truck? flying twister maybe? That was a thai vs boxer fight that looked like a rough and rowdy contender vs a WBC champ. Everyone does have plan till they get punched in the face. It's what you do mentally after getting blasted in the face that decides fate!

All great arguments, I agree with if main aspect of your game is boxing you box, if your game is Ju-Jitsu you don't box with a dude who had great hands, you pull guard do anything to bring your opponent into your world. Vinny unfortunatly gased almost instantly, where Davis capitalised with his jab and cardio, weight cuts are a mother fucker I walk around at 190 and fight at 170, I've had 3 fights and holy shit did it affect me, I felt like shit man, but I stuck to my game and came out on top! not saying I'm anywhere near these guys level but still..even amateurs know to stick to specific plan.

Agree 100% with what you say bro.

There is a huge stigma about pulling guard in MMA, guys will not do it just because of how the fans react, great grapplers would rather "Stand and Bang" and lose than be the guy who pulled guard, that's why I love watching Aoki, he does what he has to do to get the fight to the ground, by any means necessary

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts - 10th Planet Peterborough/Troop BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidrob View Post
    There is a huge stigma about pulling guard in MMA, guys will not do it just because of how the fans react, great grapplers would rather "Stand and Bang" and lose than be the guy who pulled guard, that's why I love watching Aoki, he does what he has to do to get the fight to the ground, by any means necessary
    I could be wrong but I thought I saw Vinny try to pull at least a few times, but Phil would push him away and have the ref stand him up (going back to the point about the better ground guy being at a disadvantage, regardless of whether or not your guard is amazing, if you pull and the other guy stands and motions you to get up, the ref will stand you up). The biggest issue with continuing to do that is you can have an Anderson vs Maia situation and then there's a slim chance the judges will favour the buttscooter at all. I'm guessing you're referring to Belcher? I thought he had the option throughout the fight but really never tried, opting to instead try a couple takedowns that bisping stuffed easily. I think that despite all the smack talk, Belcher knew Bisping was no slouch on the ground either.

I'm talking in general, not even about Vinny or Belcher, put if you're the better grappled and want to fight on the ground and our getting out struck and can't take the guy down you need to do something different

Shoot and pull, jump guard, try and drag them down off the cage, roll for a leg, something to get it too the ground, you're already losing so try and get it to the ground

Obviously the other guy has skills also and is trying to keep it standing, Aoki really could t get Gil down, he pulled him down a couple times and Gil is good enough to get back up, so stuff like that happens, but Aoki did keep trying

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    Haha no not at all. I would think Alan would have more integrity than that. Just with the way he is pushing it so hard, the constant spamming of emails etc, it kinda feels like a Lloyd Irvin/Avellan product.
    No, I'm saying they are.

I got emails from Avellan about Belcher's DVDs -

I also asked Avellan if he was going to maintain his connection with TLI midst the recent allegations and never got a response.

I absolutely think they get this shit from Llimp.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Gammel View Post
    No, I'm saying they are.

I got emails from Avellan about Belcher's DVDs -

I also asked Avellan if he was going to maintain his connection with TLI midst the recent allegations and never got a response.

I absolutely think they get this shit from Llimp.
    This whole thing is the Lloyd Irvin strategy. Doesn't make it bad.

But if there is any confusion, yes it's the same website and marketing strategy. Alan was a big advocate of Lloyd's before the shiz went down.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast