Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    This whole thing is the Lloyd Irvin strategy. Doesn't make it bad.

But if there is any confusion, yes it's the same website and marketing strategy. Alan was a big advocate of Lloyd's before the shiz went down.
    Lloyd Irvin Strategy in a nutshell:

Find student (perferibly female)

Find out student dreams and goals

Use to dreams and goals to minipulate student

Rape said student.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    Lloyd Irvin Strategy in a nutshell:

Find student (perferibly female)

Find out student dreams and goals

Use to dreams and goals to minipulate student

Rape said student.
    Lloyd Irvin may have been a scumbag, but he was a brilliant marketer. Just because he is a turd doesn't mean his marketing strategies are bad.

Alan belcher just made a ton of money off of this course using a strategy he learned from LI.
    David Avellan did the same exact thing.
    Cyborg did it too.
    And Rafael lovato jr.

No shame in that.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    Lloyd Irvin may have been a scumbag, but he was a brilliant marketer. Just because he is a turd doesn't mean his marketing strategies are bad.

Alan belcher just made a ton of money off of this course using a strategy he learned from LI.
    David Avellan did the same exact thing.
    Cyborg did it too.
    And Rafael lovato jr.

No shame in that.
    Not saying he isn't a good marketer. Extremely intelligent man. I am glad he is giving people tools to make money in an industry where it is difficult to make money. While he had amazing success and great ideas, Jiu Jitsu is a lifestyle that enhances peoples character and gives them the confidence to achieve there potential on and off the mat. The minute he did what he did business or no business he shit all over the principals many martial artist live there lives by for what? Money? Steve Jobs was an innovator, ingenious, ahead of his time and admired by millions. Does not change that behind closed doors he was a world class asshole that worked his employees into the and exploited them to further promote his own brand. Just because Lloyd Irvin has a one good quality does not mean I will overlook that at his core he is a shitty human being. He can keep his marketing ideas. I am no way attacking you or your character Sean, I have a great deal of respect for everyone on this forum. I will just call an bag of shit a bag of shit I don't care how many Armani suits he wears or world titles he has won.
    Last edited by Kyle Spalla; 04-29-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    Not saying he isn't a good marketer. Extremely intelligent man. I am glad he is giving people tools to make money in an industry where it is difficult to make money. While he had amazing success and great ideas, Jiu Jitsu is a lifestyle that enhances peoples character and gives them the confidence to achieve there potential on and off the mat. The minute he did what he did business or no business he shit all over the principals many martial artist live there lives by for what? Money? Steve Jobs was an innovator, ingenious, ahead of his time and admired by millions. Does not change that behind closed doors he was a world class asshole that worked his employees into the and exploited them to further promote his own brand. Just because Lloyd Irvin has a one good quality does not mean I will overlook that at his core he is a shitty human being. He can keep his marketing ideas. I am no way attacking you or your character Sean, I have a great deal of respect for everyone on this forum. I will just call an bag of shit a bag of shit I don't care how many Armani suits he wears or world titles he has won.
    Nah brotha, I don't take anything on here personal

I agree completely about his character, but Alan and the people looking to market that way don't deserve to pay for Lloyd's mistakes is all I'm saying.

I didn't order the DVDs, but Alan's school is about an hour and a half from mine. I've met him several times and can attest to his legitimacy.

Lloyd is about a grade A turd. I think can all agree on that

Sam Sales

http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/9/420...eting-trickery - Lloyd irvin, scammer. Dude has aligned himself with some of the biggest scammers out there. Not a single word he says can be trusted.
    Last edited by Sam Sales; 04-30-2013 at 02:56 AM.

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    I would think Avellan is still aligned with LI. Didn't he name his child Lloyd? Or Irvin? Something like that. And LI is the kids godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Gammel View Post
    No, I'm saying they are.

I got emails from Avellan about Belcher's DVDs -

I also asked Avellan if he was going to maintain his connection with TLI midst the recent allegations and never got a response.

I absolutely think they get this shit from Llimp.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Like I said before, the marketing strategies were around before LI was using them. The marketing strategies are just that: Marketing strategies. And they seem to work.

I want Avellan's Kimura trap set and I want Belchers Truck set. I just don't have cash. Otherwise I would have bought both.
    Avellan's, because master Eddie said he was legit before I knew who he was, and Belchers, because he is obviously legit and I love the truck....
    ....but also partially due to the marketing I'm sure.

Anyways FUCK LI. We don't need to sully this thread with discussion about him.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Anyways FUCK LI. We don't need to sully this thread with discussion about him.
    Agreed. He is a stain on our sport.
    Back on topic, respect to how Vinny handled the defeat. Very gracious.

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneJitsu View Post
    It wasnt too long ago Damian Maia totally has his way with Jon Fitch... Using Jiu Jitsu
    Co-signed.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast