Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Per you advice

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Ron: thanks brother....but how can we keep a low profile when cora is one of the top student? She uses both bjj and 10thplanetjj. Not to mention she is the only one competing every month and always bring to the gym her medals.. well whatever happen its meant to be. But one thing for sure no man will tell me what I can or cannot train my daughter.

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    Ron: thanks brother....but how can we keep a low profile when cora is one of the top student? She uses both bjj and 10thplanetjj. Not to mention she is the only one competing every month and always bring to the gym her medals.. well whatever happen its meant to be. But one thing for sure no man will tell me what I can or cannot train my daughter.
    how to keep a low profile, i dont know, just follow their rules if you want to train there.

i wouldnt let them tell me what i can or cannot do with my son either, but be prepared to have to make the decision to stay or go...

alot of gyms cant get over that political crap, but some gyms are starting to.

hopefully you wont have that problem.

good luck

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Yeah I hear what you are saying buddy. I hope it doesn't get that far. I really do like all the staff and the kids and parents that goes to that gym. I hope he can see over the political stuff also. But if not, so be it. I can always apply to be a ronin with Master Eddie...LOL My garage is almost transform into a dojo already. I can just use the MTS to train my daughter and once or twice a month we can go up to Sherman or Beaumont, TX to train. Also with her competing at least once a month, her technique will still be on point. Also I met many parents at the tournaments that I can ask to bring their kids over to train with Cora. So yeah we have a back up plan in case things go south. I always believe in "one door closes, another one open"...

Array

School
    Frostbite Vale-Tudo
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    Kurzy: thank you for sharing that brother. I'm new to editing videos as you can see and are very limited at what I can do. But if you pause the videos of her tournament at the end, I do give credit where credit is due everytime. Cora is a product of her blue belt coach (Cameron Graves) which I shared some of his tournaments on here, and ME by way of Master Eddie Bravo. Coach Cameron Graves and I have an understanding that he will teach her his BJJ stuff at the gym and I stay out of it. And at home, I will teach Cora 10thplanet JJ. With this combination, I can foresee that she will be doing great things by the end of this year. At times Cora already start to fight like Coach Cameron but with the added 10thplanet JJ. I can't help it if Cora go to move is the Rubber guard and that ALL the people associate Rubber guard with Master Eddie. Credit to Master Eddie for bringing out the Rubber guard the way he did and putting it on display for the world.

The politics of it all just make me sick. You see there is another little asian girl about 13 years old that goes to one of the other affiliate school of ours and her flexibility is off the chart. She is already good, but when I watched her fight, in my mind, I'm thinking I can turn this girl into a killer with what talent she has. Cora and I sit there and shout out quietly in our head "Rubber Guard". But due to me not wanting to step on anyone's toe, we just shut up and enjoy the fight. We want to share this thing so much. All her coaches see what Cora can do with the rubber guard, but never once they ever say anything to us. If I was a coach seeing a kid doing great things with a techniques, hey I'm not too proud to go and ask for some pointers. Well that's just me.
    May I respectfully ask you a question? I'm new here, I don't know anything about your, or your daughter (I assume?), so if I am way off base, my apologies. Also, I'm just a crappy blue belt, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

What rank are you? I ask because your profile indicates that you're a white belt.

The reason I ask is that you're talking about teaching your daughter things, which are different than the instruction she is receiving from ranked individuals. Now for all I know you've been rolling forever and just have no formal rank, or have never updated your profile, but you seem to question your coaches alot (keep in mind I think I've read 2 of your threads, so I'm no expert on you, to say the least), and they, whether they're teaching 10th planet techs or not, are legitimately qualified to be teaching.

That said, BJJ, imho, is a highly personal art. 10th planet is not for everyone. I use it, I like it, I'm excited to learn about it, but everyone has their own style. You may scream to yourself "Rubber guard!" but you don't know, that kid may have learned it, and just doesn't prefer it. There's no best move, there's no ultimate unblockables in Jiu Jitsu. You use what you like, what you're comfortable with, and what you find success with.

One last thing, this forum is not secret. It's public. Have you considered the possibility that one or more of your daughters coaches is aware of your posts here? Just a thought.

Anyway, awesome to see the kids get passionate about jits!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234