Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    He fights for a living, does he not? It's his workplace. And accordingly, there's the "No Marijuana Rule" in effect at his work place. It's part and parcel of his employment. He knew full well what would happen if he got busted. He took a risk and he paid the price.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Yeah I understand taking his win away and making it a no-contest. But a $130,000 taken away for fighting your ass off?! Come on. He and Jim deserved that money, honestly Jim Miller seems like a level headed dude and was probably like well it's not like he came so juiced up possessing the strength of a Silverback Gorilla, it was a joint. He beat Jim due to heart and pure grit. It's bullshit that the UFC is withholding his money under this circumstances. That's where my outrage comes from. Pat Healy beat Jim Miller without the help of anything, taking a ferocious beating in the process, pay the man his dues.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    One day they will make collecting rainwater illegal. Oh wait....

It's weed. Not steroids. The ONLY reason weed is a banned substance is the further propagate the false "war on drugs" which is actually huge business, reaping huge profits for the .gov and the prison industry. (And yes, it is a profiteering industry)

I understand that it's "in the rules" and he accepted to operate within the bounds of those parameters, but it is totally fucking retard nonetheless.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    I don't even smoke, but there's no denying the benefits that can come of cannabis use (when done properly). I understand that the UFC has to enforce gov't prohibitions on illegal substances, but it all boils down to the fact that it shouldn't be illegal in the first place. Pat did his job. He trained hard for that fight, fought an exciting fight, and in my opinion deserved every bit of his earnings. It's a shame.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    1. its more on the athletic commission but in a couple of past incidence UFC took advantage of it and let guy go.
    2. its an absolutely ridiculous rule for multiple reasons
    3. he still shouldn't have been smokin

Quote Originally Posted by VictorV View Post
    He fights for a living, does he not? It's his workplace. And accordingly, there's the "No Marijuana Rule" in effect at his work place. It's part and parcel of his employment. He knew full well what would happen if he got busted. He took a risk and he paid the price.
    Doesn't make sense. His home is his work place because hes a fighter?

Somebody start a campaign on change.org and ill sign that shit.
    GO SHARKS!

"A conspiracy theorist is a person who tacitly admits that they have insufficient data to prove their points. A conspiracy theory is a battle cry of a person with insufficient data." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

If this shit turns out to be true, I will get a tattoo of a crop duster spelling out the phrase, "Eddie was right!"

Array

School
    I know if I smoked dope, I wouldn't be allowed to do it at work. Or even on company property. Beyond that....

Sam Sales

Brian Tate....err I mean Caraway response to getting Healys bonus -

'I couldn't be more happy, and it was an insanely pleasant surprise

All I've got to say is that's some expensive weed. I like Healy a lot. I came up through the fighting ranks with him. We used to train together at Team Quest. I love the guy. But I have absolutely zero remorse or guilt.

I hate weed. I cannot stand it. I've never tried it. I've never smoked a drug in my life. So I have absolutely zero tolerance for people that do it. I don't care if it's legal in some places or not. I think it's absolutely ridiculous. Whether it's legal in real life or not, they tell you to follow the rules. You need to follow the rules.'

not a fan of his
    Last edited by Sam Sales; 05-15-2013 at 11:23 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    Brian Tate....err I mean Caraway response to getting Healys bonus -

'I couldn't be more happy, and it was an insanely pleasant surprise

All I've got to say is that's some expensive weed. I like Healy a lot. I came up through the fighting ranks with him. We used to train together at Team Quest. I love the guy. But I have absolutely zero remorse or guilt.

I hate weed. I cannot stand it. I've never tried it. I've never smoked a drug in my life. So I have absolutely zero tolerance for people that do it. I don't care if it's legal in some places or not. I think it's absolutely ridiculous. Whether it's legal in real life or not, they tell you to follow the rules. You need to follow the rules.'
    What a dick. Say your welcome and shut up is what I say. Some Team Alpha Male fighters need to fucking get over themselves.
    Last edited by Kyle Spalla; 05-16-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    I dunno if Brian Caraway is intentionally trying to be a heel to get more exposure, or is just a massive dick. All that talk about fighting Rhonda, and now blasting Healy while he's down.. Not cool..

Array

School
    This whole situation disgusts me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast