Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Pontefract England

Caffeine addiction

Has anyone else tried to give up stimulants such as coffee, tea, chocolate, coke (the popular soft drink) and energy drinks etc? I'm finding it tough to come off after 2 weeks in - it's not quitting nicotine tough (stopped smoking 10 year ago) - but I am having some nasty withdrawals such as aching limbs, cold shivers and extreme lethargy...anyone would believe it was crack I'd given up

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Yeah that sucks. Caffeine withdraw gives me killer headaches for a week or so. So I still drink coffee and rockstar rehydrate energy drink. Its non carbonated and tastes like lemon lime Gatorade.

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    I drink massive amounts of coffee. My withdrawals only last a day, two at the most. Headache and lethargy. I tend not to register a lot of things. My head hurts, but I never really bother to consider why. I only noticed when my girlfriend has said "Iv got a headache, I never had a coffee today".

I only drink fresh ground coffee though. Hardly ever touch energy drinks unless Im driving and I dont touch softdrink. Just up to 5 tripple shot espressos a day. Usually two.

Array

School
    Pontefract England
    Thanks for the replies guys. It's just that I've read that caffeine and similar compounds (at fairly low doses) can lead to some serious health problems over a period of time. It also can take 2 months for the caffeine to be out of your system and for the physiological withdrawal symptoms to end. I was just curious to see waht it felt like to be completely free from all stimulants. When you consider how prevalent legal stimulants are in the modern world and the young age at which we start ingesting such substances...who knows, after the 2 months of hell, you could feel as good as Renato if all 10P students suddenly realised that they needed the gi in their lives.

Array

School
    Ground Control Baltimore City
    I tried taking vitamin B12 last weekend to give me some energy after a night of hard drinking before a wedding and maybe if you are weening yourself off of caffeine you should try to take that to give you some energy instead. 5 hour energy shots are just massive doses of the stuff, but you don't need 18000% of your daily recommended dose to get the job done.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    caffine wrecks havok with your metabalism too

Array

School
    10th Planet Burbank
    I am going on my second month of no caffeine. I would drink 1 to 2 venti cups a day, but I found it to really mess with my attitude and sleep.

What helped me was to drink a lot of water and I saw a chiro/nutrionalist that prescribed supplements for me to help make up for the nutrients I was robbing my body while drinking so much sugar/caffeine.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    that too,,caffine robs your muscles of water and nutrients..will really make you fly into lactic acidosis

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    i can always tell when i have had too many soft drinks. it really affects my stamina and my work ethic during my training.

i drink diet pepsi like it's going out of style. i know it has to be killing me. somebody, please intervene and save me. i am a slave to caffeine and aspartame. and spicy chicken sandwiches from chic-fil-a.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Tabeling View Post
    I tried taking vitamin B12 last weekend to give me some energy after a night of hard drinking before a wedding and maybe if you are weening yourself off of caffeine you should try to take that to give you some energy instead. 5 hour energy shots are just massive doses of the stuff, but you don't need 18000% of your daily recommended dose to get the job done.
    they also have caffein in them
    formerly known as jmw0582

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast