Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    No one is surprised Ulysses won. Im just surprised that Kristian lost.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Useless is awesome. But we all know that rash guard helped hm a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Lambert View Post
    I kind of despise 50/50. When I try to escape, I often open myself up to the heel hook, so it becomes this stalemate of neither of us trying to escape and us just racing to break each other's leg triangle first. I don't see the point in purposefully going into a position where you opponent has equal opportunity to finish.
    In theory it's an equal opportunity but usually one person is more skilled than the other in the position so it's worth it. In the IBJJF you obviously can't heel hook gi or nogi so it's a position that is more likely to cause stalling.

If you're more comfy with the position than someone else it's very easy to protect your feet while attacking the inside heel hook. I think the easiest time to get the heel hook is right as you're getting into the 50. I see your point and I don't use the 5050 often but I do like it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Useless is awesome. But we all know that rash guard helped hm a ton.
    Serious, or joke?

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    Serious, or joke?
    Joke. I can't believe I'm the not one who noticed he's wearing the Renato gi rashy.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Erik, I am no good at riddles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    If you're more comfy with the position than someone else it's very easy to protect your feet while attacking the inside heel hook. I think the easiest time to get the heel hook is right as you're getting into the 50. I see your point and I don't use the 5050 often but I do like it.
    Uly and I drill fifty fifty pretty regularly, he wasn't in any danger during the entanglements. Even though Kristian was the one initiating, they all ended with Kristian disengaging because Uly's attacks were stronger. Uly has a super strong inside toe hold from the 50/50, which he had a couple times but Kristian escaped.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12