Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Textbook Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    I used to get dicked over on points all the time. For some reason you don't get points for the pass if you do it while you sweep the guy. In order to get credit you have to pull off a inferior sweep, one that doesn't have a pass included. Makes zero sense. If you pass in the sweep you should get 2 extra points for the big money move
    I know in the rules of some competitions like IBJJF, GQ, and NAGA. It states that if you take down and opponent to side control it is 3 pts total. Where the take down to a guard is only 2 points. They go one to say that if you sweep to a dominant position. Example. Half Guard to Top Side. You get 3 points for the sweep rather than the traditional 2 points.

I started a new thread, everyone.

Titled: "Where's my Points?!" -- I uploaded 4 separate videos where I wasn't awarded pass points. 3 of them were from lockdown sweeps. 2 of them were Old School Variations.

Eddie, if you could check out that thread. I'd much appreciate it. I bring up a few questions in which the answers can help me alter a few details in my game.

Array

School
    Textbook Jiu-Jitsu
    NAGA: Battle at the Beach this weekend! -- I'll be there (:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123