Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Lanna MMA

Intro and a question about becoming an affiliate

Hello all,

Long time creeper of the forum and the MTS videos. Obviously we are all here united under a bunch of commonalities, one of those being a love for JJ and all it's glory. My name is Ryan, and I am a JJ Junkie.

I'm based out of Toronto Ontario Canada. I'm a lifelong martial artist and philosopher, which is another way of saying that I'm regularly broke and must rely on friends' clothes, cars, and my genuine charm to get laid by respectable women.

Moving along, I have been practicing JJ for about a year while continuing my practice in Thai boxing and karate. I studied briefly under an awesome instructor in Toronto. While I enjoyed my time learning from my teacher and fellow students, I found a distinct lack of drilling and open-mindedness towards many of the 10pjj techniques and principles. Let me be clear that I am not smack-talking my teacher in any way. He is one of the best people I've met in the martial arts industry. However, he runs a big program, and can't give special attention to people with special needs like myself.

Soon I will be moving to Northern Ontario where there is less distraction, and more animals, trees and things that make me feel better about life. My fear is that I won't have anyone to roll with.

I digress......I'd like to know if there is anyone in the GTA (greater Toronto area)/Northern Ontario who is down to roll and drill in the 10pjj system.

Beyond that, i'd also like some info as to how I could one day become an affiliate. I know you're all probably thinking, "whoa, slow down boy, you're only a newb." Rightfully so....but I work like a french hooker when I find something I love. If I have to sleep outside of the Tapout Gym in LA to learn from the boss himself, I'll bring a pillow and some nyquil.

I look forward to agreeing, debating, chatting, and being made fun of by most of you.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    I like your style Ryan. Even before you become an affiliate, try creating a hotbox. There's no monetary part on you. We could all help you to start it up. Find some people close to you and get them involved. More people are into jiu Jitsu than you think. Talk soon man.

Array

School
    Lanna MMA
    Thanks SL. Because I am not the brightest human on this organic ball of filth, I can only think of one reference to what a hotbox is, which is probably why I can't think of any others. Could you explain a little more?

I have finally convinced my brother that there is more to life than Muay Thai, so he will start drilling with me. Once we get up north, I'm planning on teaching and drilling what I do know (without creating any bad habits for everyone), and hopefully, as the saying goes, "if you build it, they will come."

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    hot box is like a gracie garage, just a gathering of ronins, which you are who get together and train. the leader is usually the coach and has to train people for free. its really the first step to affiliation

Array

School
    Lanna MMA
    How appropriate. Done and done! Thanks for the clarification Jon. All the best

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I would never have thought french hookers were all that hard working? Live and learn.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Chris Herzog helps run the HotBox's so hes a good resource to reach out to. Other than that, you will need a 10th Planet Instructor to sponsor you, you will need to learn/practice the 10th Planet System, and you will need to train with your sponsor. Check out http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...ghlight=hotbox

Array

School
    Lanna MMA
    @Aaron, you'd be surprised.....

Thanks Phill...that was the perfect link for the exact resource I needed. Cheers!

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Great intro Ryan, I'm already a fan!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    good luck brother. gettin a hotbox going is hard work, and an affiliate even harder, (from what ive seen) im working on gettign a hotbox going too.

when you said youre a philosopher, did you mean you've studied it?

anyway good luck, sounds like a youre a good addition to the 10th planet family.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast