Lock down vs sprawl - MTS episode?

What is the best MTS vid to deal with lockdown vs the sprawl?

Problem I have is with one guy who really knows how to base his weight down on me. I've got him in lockdown, but he sprawls his hips down on me and he's also really strong, so he's a real challenge. I've got double unders but i just can bump him up to get on my side as he feels so damn heavy. And there's no gap under his free leg to use for an electric chair because he sprawls hard.

I was just watching mts 47 and Eddie says briefly while discussing the lockdown that when this happens he goes to rubber guard instead. Is that the best option? Is there another MTS episode that would help me?

Thanks - getting smashed here!

Array

School
    10thPlanet Oceanside
    Sounds to me that superstomp to Full guard is your best option from there if hes putting that much energy into sprawling back he is probobly leaving plenty of space to get that bottom leg under and over to get full guard then work for rubber guard another option would be to switch grips and work for some Prison Guard options.

Thanks - I'll try it. I think I've just got to accept that on some people the half guard game isn't going to work and go to butterfly or another guard. Super stomp here I come.....

I suggest all of MTS 56. Eddie goes through a lot of details of halfguard including dealing with the sprawl and alternate ways of whipping up onto your side. You will probably have to watch it several times as he jams a lot into this episode especially in the new elctric chair section.

Array

School
    Southeast US
    Great topic! I had the same question and have been working to diagnose what to do. Yeah if you sprawl hard and crush my half guard side then surely you are leaving an opening to recover guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin.Harris View Post
    I suggest all of MTS 56. Eddie goes through a lot of details of halfguard including dealing with the sprawl and alternate ways of whipping up onto your side. You will probably have to watch it several times as he jams a lot into this episode especially in the new elctric chair section.
    Awesome! There it is at 36.04 - the one little detail I think I need to make my whip up work. Thank you! And damn Eddie - why isn't that key detail in your DVD! lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by brianspinaltap View Post
    Awesome! There it is at 36.04 - the one little detail I think I need to make my whip up work. Thank you! And damn Eddie - why isn't that key detail in your DVD! lol
    so what's the detail?!

He kind of does and uppercut with his undertook on the top side. I tried it today - it works, but heavy guy still sprawled the crap out of me, so I did a Stomp and got butterfly guard.

Array

School
    Striker Fight Center
    Quote Originally Posted by brianspinaltap View Post
    He kind of does and uppercut with his undertook on the top side. I tried it today - it works, but heavy guy still sprawled the crap out of me, so I did a Stomp and got butterfly guard.
    If he is sprawling heavy and you have an overhook on the same side as the lockdown then try going to Godfather or Godfather sweep. As long as you keep your knees squeezed together tight and your hand on the hip you should be able to sweep him with high percentage.

If you have double underhooks and he is pressing down on you maybe you should consider homie control and play from Prison Guard.