Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    That tactic would only work to keep ignorant zealots from questing things and only if they didn't already know that most scientist are liberal. Conservatives seem to realize that scientist are mostly liberal and already dont trust science (unless they want something to work) The government rarely or never uses science in attempts to convince the public of anything, they know emotions are much more effective a target.

Again, if someone, even the government, is claiming that their side s supported by science then that can be verified. They are counting on you being a dumb fuck that cares about iphones and cant even be bothered to use the iphone for fact checking.

If I worked for a govt agency I would go the opposite way.

I'd come out with all sorts of preposterous, illogical and nutty conspiracy theories. I'd plant them all over the internet. I would create so many conspiracy theories that the population wouldn't know who or what to believe.

And guess what? People will believe what they want to believe anyway.

There are nut cases (and maybe some of them aren't really nutty at all - they just have cognitive dissonance or some other psychological condition) who believe that the Titanic sinking was a conspiracy theory, that the Titanic didn't really sink, that it was the sister ship and that it was all done for insurance reasons.

There are ppl who believe that humans have not sent 9 manned rockets to the moon, with 6 of them landing there and 12 astronauts walking on that lump of rock.

There are ppl who haven't studied meteorology or aeronautical engineering and yet believe that visible condensation trails from jet aircraft are really trails of mind-controlling chemicals. Why the fck wouldn't the evil geniuses make the chemicals invisible?!

Ppl will believe whatever they want to believe. Scientists are strange ppl - they start out with a set of rules for facts and evidence and use those to construct an understanding of the whole around them and the universe. Others just ingest hallucinogenic chemicals as a way to gather facts and evidence about the world. Personally, I believe that the truth is probably somewhere inbetween, but at least scientists have testable and repeatable methods.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by SebG View Post
    I'd come out with all sorts of preposterous, illogical and nutty conspiracy theories. I'd plant them all over the internet. I would create so many conspiracy theories that the population wouldn't know who or what to believe.
    What makes you think they limit themselves to one approach? They have thought of all aspects and act accordingly.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    There are ppl who haven't studied meteorology or aeronautical engineering and yet believe that visible condensation trails from jet aircraft are really trails of mind-controlling chemicals. Why the fck wouldn't the evil geniuses make the chemicals invisible?!
    The weirdest thing is that if you were into chemtrails you would think that you would say "ok, im going to take a physics class and a chem class just to get some basic understanding" but its like they dont want to possibly learn anything that might crush the belief.

I think it all stems from the fact that powerful people (usually with an influence on politicians) have done some evil shit and we know this. Thats being the case they hear about nearly anything shady and say "hey, they probably are doing that, they did this other shit"

its eddies analogy of the guy whose gf used to be the neighborhood whore and now he wont belive when his friends are saying shes cheating on him. Not believing that she might be cheating is foolish but believing she might be cheating on you with say a centaur from nibiru is another thing.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Here is a great article from the New York Times about the manipulation role of private intelligence agencies. Gives examples of past findings. Starts of a little slow but keep reading it gets into it.

A snippet of the article --- The hack also revealed evidence that Team Themis was developing a “persona management” system — a program, developed at the specific request of the United States Air Force, that allowed one user to control multiple online identities (“sock puppets”) for commenting in social media spaces, thus giving the appearance of grass roots support. The contract was eventually awarded to another private intelligence firm.

Link -- http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...-reality/?_r=1

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post
    Here is a great article from the New York Times about the manipulation role of private intelligence agencies. Gives examples of past findings. Starts of a little slow but keep reading it gets into it.

A snippet of the article --- The hack also revealed evidence that Team Themis was developing a “persona management” system — a program, developed at the specific request of the United States Air Force, that allowed one user to control multiple online identities (“sock puppets”) for commenting in social media spaces, thus giving the appearance of grass roots support. The contract was eventually awarded to another private intelligence firm.

Link -- http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...-reality/?_r=1
    Thats well written and interesting. Not exactly "the government" operating shills though. It does reveal that some branches or people in government referred corporations to private hacker groups for intelligence activities, nations such as india have used hackers to monitor their citizens and the use of shills by conservative based private groups. Shady mofos.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    thats cool lookin. what makes you say chemtrail? I know not all chemtrail believers think that they are broadcasting heavy metals but it seems to be the most popular belief. That being the case why would they be making them where there is no farmland?

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    Thats well written and interesting. Not exactly "the government" operating shills though. It does reveal that some branches or people in government referred corporations to private hacker groups for intelligence activities, nations such as india have used hackers to monitor their citizens and the use of shills by conservative based private groups. Shady mofos.
    I never said the government was operating shills. I just posted an article

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    yeah i know you didnt say that, i was just summing for people who dont like to read, i mentioned it because it kinda the topic of the thread. Good article.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast