Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 10,000 reps

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Nu'usolia View Post
    LeBron James and Michael Jordan would be scary if they got into jiu jitsu....RG III would just be hurt all the time, hes over rated.

So is it safe to say no on on here has counted a single tech 10,000 times?
    I don't think anyone has counted it yet.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    LeBron James and Michael Jordan would be scary if they got into jiu jitsu....RG III would just be hurt all the time, hes over rated.

I think that's safe to say. I think I'm going to do this. One transition 10,000 hours.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    I think that's safe to say. I think I'm going to do this. One transition 10,000 hours.
    If it takes you an average of 2 minutes to drill that technique and you drill it for a solid hour with no breaks. Did this over a certain time span, that's 30 reps an hour, you would actually have 300,000 reps of one technique after 10,000 hours. Which would probably make you pretty fucking unstoppable with that technique.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals

Me, Sam, Skaff, and Manny all count our drills.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    If it takes you an average of 2 minutes to drill that technique and you drill it for a solid hour with no breaks. Did this over a certain time span, that's 30 reps an hour, you would actually have 300,000 reps of one technique after 10,000 hours. Which would probably make you pretty fucking unstoppable with that technique.
    I think I could do more!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Me, Sam, Skaff, and Manny all count our drills.
    And I mindlessly rep till the tech ceases to fail me and reveals its hidden secrets somewhere along the way.

I don't really care how accurate it is, but I love this golden number. The real question is 'would 10,000 licks get to the center of a tootsie pop?'( no sucking!)

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    100 reps per hour 5 days a week, 20 days per month, close to 5 months for 10000?
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    100 reps per hour 5 days a week, 20 days per month, close to 5 months for 10000?
    Easy
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    just cos no one has said it yet. great thread.

i agree that it would be awesome to do one technique 10,000 times, i think you shouuld get a certificate or something. but i agree with what was said earlier that it shouldnt just be on technique it should be an idea, or a group of the same techniques or a path of techniques.

im saying this for two main reasons.

1. doing a path of techniques means you can do mroe techniques in a quicker amount of time. this means that instead of doing 1 technique which will take 2 minutes, you can do 5 techniques in 4 minutes. this means that in an hour you get 5 techniques done 15 times each which is a total of 75 techniques instead of 30 techniques. and this would add up after a while. (the numbers would vary and etc but still works out right)

2. doing one technique means, atleast to me, that you are focusing on one way into it. for instance if i work on my armbars. i will be doing a bunch of different entries and submission switches off it. so when im finished with my ten thousand reps or whatever it means i know armbars from practically everywhere and get them on practically anyone. 10,000 reps on basic armbar from guard, 10,000 reps on spiderweb armbar, etc.

my second point seems pretty unreasonable when you think how much time that would be. you would be 80 years old and all you could would be armbars. i mean no one could stop you but is one technique really what jiu jitsu is about? not that ive really gotten into judo much but ive always found that judo is good for basic techniques and repping the crap out of them while jiu jitsu is more complicated and is based around quantity of moves ( or variety) as well as quality. the whole idea of finding a move that ur opponent doesnt know how to counter etc.

i personally disagree with 10,000 reps. i agree that doing 10,000reps will mean u own that move but i think that you can do a lot less than 10,000 reps and still be a beast with it. and thats jsut generalised, so its excluding those freak athletes that do something once or twice and have it perfect.

i agree with (forgot who posted it, sam maybe?) saying that 3000 reps is a good level. if i do anythign 3000 times and still dont know how to do it properly, then im doing something wrong.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I think I saw one of the Adamson Bros from Seaside Oregon had a youth student count 10,000 reps on one technique.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast