Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    sad thread this one. as others have said, i feel bad that bruce thought it necessary to delete us from facebook, trying to look at it from bruces perspective, hes been seeing these kids in his neighbourhood, not up to much and he wants to try and give them a direction. just wants to show them what has made his daughter so happy. he tries to think up a plan to get them off the streets and into something that can help them. and then he figures he can at least be the first step and comes to the forum where he has constantly been because he wants his daughter to learn the system and if he was anything like me, felt like his has been welcomed into a family. and then with this intention, he posts up on the forum and fair enough he was shot down. i think the way he phrased it was bad and it could easily have been stuffed up. but from his perspective when he was expecting a warm reception and some good feedback he definitly didnt receive it. if he had said he wants to get kids off the sstreets and start them on the path to being great athletes then maybe it would have been taken better. definitly could have gone down better.

ive talked to him quite a bit to him on here and facebook since he appeared here. sure he pushed cora a lot and advertised her. but whether or he not he was qualified to teach jiu jitsu, insinuating him being a pedophile is off topic, extremely offensive and it doesnt matter if its coming from a black belt a white belt barack obama jesus or anyone else. i respect everyone here and when it comes to jiu jitsu ill listen, but theres no need to insult someone like that. and then others agreeing. its just sad that unless everything is clearly spelt out and all the special words are mentioned as to stop any chance of anyone taking what they say ni the wrong way that what people say is taken in generally the worst light.

what also affects me is that how so many people didnt voice their opinions about bruce if they shared them a lot sooner. i know i rant a lot on the forum, looks at this post and you can see its long enough. i hope no one comes out of the blue and starts insulting me.

i agree totally with what kurzy said. well written. i think that bruce could have sorted out something. had the guy from his gym cora goes to come once a week so there is a mix of a proper instructor as well as bruce helping. i dunno, gotta bad taste in my mouth from this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    I agree with this. Bruce has been nothing but crazy cool. Cora has been competing her ass off and her rubber guard is fantastic. Sure Bruce isn't certified to run a school but his heart is genuine and you can't deny that he's done an excellent job with his daughter. Please, enough with the harsh posts, Bruce is a good guy, Jesus.
    Pedophiles always protect their own. I love it. LOL - Eric Perez

Quote Originally Posted by brent_littell View Post
    You find it weird that Eddie hasn't commented on this page or chastised me about what I wrote? Maybe my job is to not be tactful when it comes to these things.
    So many lulz in this thread. Okay I'm done now, sorry. I need a cig.

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    I'm relatively new to the 10p forums, I have always found the forums to be supportive,educational and motivational with just the right ammount of ball busting to make you feel like you're with your close friends. However sometimes unpleasant things just need to be said, Brent was right on with his comments. It was a needed reality check. From time to time we all need an honest ,harsh opinion from those looking in from the outside.

I stopped reading the Cora posts after my first few days here on the forums. Although I was impressed with Cora, i always felt like I was watching toddlers and tiaras 10th planet eddition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonrivello View Post
    you can be qualified to teach as I white belt, look zach Maslany and Jm holland, white belts for along time but super knowledgeable and great intstructors, but if you dont train...you shouldnt be mad when people question your intentions and act less mature then his ten year old daughter.
    I don't think you can be qualified to teach as a white belt, I'm certainly not, I read up and watch a lot of video but I still need to learn from someone who has put time in. Zach and John were black belts in other systems with not only a TON of teaching experience but they have fought and competed everywhere the could. They teach not only with their heart but with a mountain of experience to back it. They are also rocking 10p purple now.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Bottom line, Bruce isn't a bad guy just a little overzealous. Bruce has no business teaching this has been agreed on by enough people who know what they are talking about black, brown and purple belts. Brent was fucking wrong for accusing him of being a pedophile this is my opinion and that of many other people who have chimed in. Eddie has spoken on the matter and everything has been said at least twice unless Bruce wants to chime back in or anybody wants to apologies for the pedophile comments we can probably let it die now.
    Last edited by Jonathan Wylie; 08-29-2013 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Grammar
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Greetings and salutations 10thplanetJJ... Apologies for the delay response. I come in here to set the record straight. I refrain from doing that earlier because of fear that my words and meanings will get twisted and stretch out of context like it has. But now it seems like this thing will not die and go away without me clearing it up.
    I haven't been a member on here a year yet, but this site and the people in here have made me feel like I am a part of the family. I love that you open and willing to help a guy to better his daughter, even though I hold no ties to 10thplanet other than my MTS subscription. In this past year, I shared many things with this forum, mostly things about my daughter and her journey through this sport. Before I even posted a single thing on this forum, I have done my research to even get here. I found Ari and his sub101, and shinya Aoki, which led me to Master Eddie Bravo, which led me here to 10thplanetJJ. All of this research make me truly value the system more than ever. I am a student of this system, although I don't even go to any of your gym. Being a student, I mean I study it, even if I don't roll with grown men. I UNDERSTAND Master Eddie's vision of the system. I work in a business that has a system so I can appreciate and understand that with a system, anyone can learn this. You want everyone to learn and know your Jits, put it in a system. With the books, CDs, and MTS, I trust in his vision and I am confident that I can Master it. That is how powerful this system is, that a person like me who is willing to study the system via books, CDs, and MTS, can master the system without having a live instructor. YES, it would be best to have a live instructor. But not everyone can afford gym fees, or is fortunate to have a 10thplanet gym in their city. Sure people like me will not succeed in the system as those that go to a gym, but knowing the system can make us walk with more confidence than the regular Joe. But for me, sure it would be BEST that I train, but as stated many times over, I am not able, due to physical limitation, time, and money.
    Physical, I have an abnormal should joint. Your shoulder is a ball and socket joint which gives you range of motion. Since JJ is all about range of motion and leverage, this is almost impossible for me. I play basketball for over 30 years and even with that, it doesn't use as much range of motion as JJ will. Not to mention that I won't have a grown man trying to rip my shoulder off. Having this kind of limb, is worst than not having any when it comes to this sport. And I am not going to risk injuries, I have family to feed.

Time, I am trying to balance my time between building a business and family. At this point in my life, its more about family than Bruce. I have a 1.5 yr old son and 10 yr old daughter. Here is my schedule, 7am take Cora to school, 8am drop Kato off with grandma, I go to the office. At 3pm I rush to pick Cora from school. At 3:30pm I cook for Cora while she does her homework. At 4:30 we drill at home. At 6pm we at the gym (Team Tooke). We don't get home until 8pm where wife cooks and I take off to go see clients and/or train my agents. I usually don't get home until 10-11pm. This is 5 days a week. On the weekend, I tried to sneak in family time and Cora's training in between my business. As the weekend is the time I really go out and help families since they will be home.
    Money- per MONTH, I spent $167 on gym fee, $100-200 gas to gym, $120 tournament fees, $100-200 hotel (if tourney is out of town) so each month i'm looking at $300-500 for Cora's JJ. Now like I said many times over, I and my agents build our business by helping family save for their future, whether it be for their retirement or kids college, and protect their family assets. With that being said, some don't even have $50 a month to do any of that. So how can I justify myself spending more than what I already have? Especially for me.. its not about me anymore. Everything I do is for my daughter, I don't mind spending on my daughter because she loves what she does. But its NOT necessary for me to spend money on myself. Only a parent will understand what I am talking about. Deep down inside I just can't justify me spending anymore money on JJ other than that for Cora. I hope this clears things up.

AS for the PREDATOR / Pedophile thing, I have NEVER been so disappointed in my life than the day I read this. Its beyond words. Everything I have done this far in my life has always been to this motto " do the right thing". I'm not a religious man, I have never force my views upon anyone. I always believe that if I am a good man and do the right thing and don't hurt anyone, then I have a good place to be in this world. So to hear someone accuse me of such thing is beyond words, especially coming from a place where I regard as my "friends", a place where I have done nothing but share and share some more. Perhaps my problem is that I share too much, sorry its just my nature. When I really like something, I want to share it. It goes back to what I do for a living. I share information everyday. Having kids myself, all I ever wanted is to help kids. I just had an idea of wanting to help kids, but for that I am being called a predator. I know I haven't been here long, but come on, at least give me the benefit of a doubt. I've gone to many gym and everyone of those gym have parents sitting there watching their kids practice. I have yet to find a gym where there is absolutely no parents around while the kids are with the coaches. So with that being said, I just thought that you folks will understand and it not need to be detailed out in my posting. With crazy things that are being said online and in the forum these days, calling someone a predator should not be taken lightly. It could really ruin someone's reputation on and off line. Remember I do meet people from online at tournaments and such.

As far as me being overzealous with my daughter's training. Sure why not??? She's my pride and joy. When yall have kids, you will know what I am talking about, especially when she is good at what she does.... Cora has always been online like Drago since she was a baby... All joking aside, that is not my intention. The reason why I post so much of Cora's video win or lose, its going up. Why???? its because when I was researching rubber guard in tournaments back a year or so ago, I couldn't find anything for kids. All I found was Denny's video which I've studied over and over like 100 times. I wanted that edge for Cora in the tournament, so I was searching for anything related to rubber guard in tournament. But I didn't find anything else other than Denny's which I've already told him. So I feel there is a need for it, that is why I want Cora to get really good at rubber guard and I will post everything out there, win or lose. I believe that if I had trouble finding kids doing rubber guard, maybe there are others like me that are looking for them also. So that is why I post everything up. Not to brag, not to insult the boys, just to get it out there. Like watching a great movie, if you love it, you want to share it right?? That is my way of sharing what I love. You might think I'm over doing it, but when I read all the bad things about what people say about the rubber guard, make me want to put it out there more and more. With this sharing come a price to pay, master eddie was on the money when he say that Cora will have a hard time getting kids in her guard because the word is out on her and her guard game. I watched many videos of tournament where an opponent is able to get their guard game so easily just by pulling it and jealous of that fact. No not for Cora, she had to fight for her guard every time now. So in each tournament, she's already have a disadvantage with coaches knowing her game and preparing their kids. BUT that is OK with us, that will not stop us from sharing it to the world. That is how much we are into this. Since then I have seen an increase of tournament videos of the rubber guard.
    So to say I am wanting to ruin the brand. NO SIR, we will rep 10th no matter what. I promise to do my best to my ability to transfer what I learn to my daughter who will execute the system. If you say I'm living through my daughter..ok I accept that. I'm actually jealous of her to be able to do what she loves to do. But that is still OK, she's my daughter and if I can leave something for her before I die, besides my insurance money.. it will be my love for 10thplanet jiu jitsu. At 10 yrs old she already have the desire to teach JJ. This is the goal for any parents, to help guide their children to something good that they love and they are able to use that to make a good living and able to take care of themselves.

For ALL the friends that still believe in me, I want to thank you for your kind words and well wishes. YOu know who you are. 10th4L!!!!

Array

School
    There are so many topic and issues that others have brought up but I don't have the time to entertain them all. Yall just have to give this guy the benefit of the doubt. Or least don't put me to the stake just yet...

Array

School
    my shoulders

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Personally, I'm really glad to hear that you plan on continuing to help Cora to become a champion if that's what she wants to do. I was concerned you had decided to pull her from Jiu Jitsu; nobody wants that.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Glad to see you back, Bruce. Great post.

I still think you should roll, even with that shoulder, at least until you determine for sure that it's impossible. (Which almost nothing is)

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    Im glad that you came back Bruce! I was worried they chased you away, Ive always enjoyed your posts of Coras videos. :-)

My parents were never around growing up I havent spoken to my dad in 5 years and have a 6 year old brother who Ive never met. so for me I always thought that your involvement with her BJJ and things she finds passion in was beautiful I cant even get my parents to ask what sports I like.

I can understand why people say if you havent done the sport you shouldnt teach but the one person who you have taught (cora) is better at the system then any whitebelt/bluebelt who criticized you in the past posts.

The question Ive been wodering from the start of this mess is, is there an age requirement for hotbox heads? Why couldnt cora spear head your free kids class program? Something to ask Eddie and Zog about.

If people treated there coworkers how they jumped on you they would have been fired, they can claim it was to protect the system all they want but forming which hunts and calling out people as bad parents or predators is equally bad for the systems reputation IMO

Im glad you came back to the forum, I hope to see more of the triangle queens videos in the future
    Last edited by Ryan Brick; 08-29-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast