Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by rickdawson View Post
    I started up a new blog called Bluetoblack.me

Basically, I just give my thoughts on BJJ, Nutrition, Training... and soon, I'll be going to recognizable instructors and getting some awesome little how-to's to put up online (free to the public)
    how is this funny?

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    Quote Originally Posted by rickdawson View Post
    I started up a new blog called Bluetoblack.me

Basically, I just give my thoughts on BJJ, Nutrition, Training... and soon, I'll be going to recognizable instructors and getting some awesome little how-to's to put up online (free to the public)
    What a contribution to this thread.

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona/ Academy of Kings Top Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    it's not just opinion bro, its common sense and decency. Bruce hasn't got the slightest fucking clue about leverage, pressure, passing, control etc, so how can he teach kids anything? Would you trust Bruce to teach your kids arm bars? I sure as shit wouldn't.
    People here, myself included, have approached Bruce about this 'extremely' nicely probably 10 times or more and he just ignores it, or talks complete shit and convinces himself he is a mixture of Bruce Lee and Helio Gracie. Sorry to say but Brent was 100% correct. It was a delusion.

Big love Chauncey.
    Its all good sam we can debate and disagree without it being hate. I can partly agree, i would rather have an instructor who has traversed the path him/herself before they teach me. I was just saying we should take note that someone can teach without out having done it it before to a certain level. We have to look at the fact that Cora is not learning 10p tech from her BJJ school and she doesn't go to a moon. So what were you guys assuming she is learning it on her own, highly doubt it. Bruce is putting the information together and drilling it with her and it seems like he is making sure to get the details. Professor Eddie has said himself "Cora is killing it some of the best rubber guard he's seen". She learned from her father who doesn't roll. Now as she her game evolves she should seek out an instructor that has had more mat time, so the instructor can trouble shoot roll with her and monitor her progress that way. Also yes, we do not want to water down the system with people teaching that aren't qualified themselves, ok he wants to teach. Well the there are steps make a HotBox and there are qualifications for that i.e competing and going to a moon at least once a month. If he doesn't roll then he cant meet them, so there for its not a HotBox, and not part of 10th Planet. Maybe that's why he calls it Jiu-Jitsu 4 FREE. Just look at Cora, sure Bruce can teach kids who don't know jiu jitsu yea sure there only gonna get so much from him but its FREE jiu-jitsu you get what u pay for. But im sure he will plant that jiu-jitsu seed and it will make them seek to go to a real school.

P.S. As for calling him a predator that shit is wack, i dont know him well enough to say weather he is or isnt so i just dont go around throwing accusations like that....that is Internet Bullying at its finest. Internet thugs only thing there tapping is the keyboard.
    Last edited by Chauncey Nu'usolia; 08-28-2013 at 03:25 AM.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_littell View Post
    You find it weird that Eddie hasn't commented on this page or chastised me about what I wrote? Maybe my job is to not be tactful when it comes to these things.
    I also didn't notice him coming into the thread and lauding your approach.

That being said, I have no doubts that Master Eddie would be grateful that this thread derailed Bruce's "Garage-Box for Children" from ever taking form.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    I'm on the same page as Chauncey. Great post man.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Nu'usolia View Post
    Its all good sam we can debate and disagree without it being hate. I can partly agree, i would rather have an instructor who has traversed the path him/herself before they teach me. I was just saying we should take note that someone can teach without out having done it it before to a certain level. We have to look at the fact that Cora is not learning 10p tech from her BJJ school and she doesn't go to a moon. So what were you guys assuming she is learning it on her own, highly doubt it. Bruce is putting the information together and drilling it with her and it seems like he is making sure to get the details. Professor Eddie has said himself "Cora is killing it some of the best rubber guard he's seen". She learned from her father who doesn't roll. Now as she her game evolves she should seek out an instructor that has had more mat time, so the instructor can trouble shoot roll with her and monitor her progress that way. Also yes, we do not want to water down the system with people teaching that aren't qualified themselves, ok he wants to teach. Well the there are steps make a HotBox and there are qualifications for that i.e competing and going to a moon at least once a month. If he doesn't roll then he cant meet them, so there for its not a HotBox, and not part of 10th Planet. Maybe that's why he calls it Jiu-Jitsu 4 FREE. Just look at Cora, sure Bruce can teach kids who don't know jiu jitsu yea sure there only gonna get some much from him but its FREE jiu-jitsu you get what u pay for. But im sure he will plant that jiu-jitsu seed and it will make them seek to go to a real school.

P.S. As for calling him a predator that shit is wack, i dont know him well enough to say weather he is or isnt so i just dont go around throwing accusations like that....that is Internet Bullying at its finest. Internet thugs only thing there tapping is the keyboard.
    Well said! Thank you.

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Nu'usolia View Post
    Its all good sam we can debate and disagree without it being hate. I can partly agree, i would rather have an instructor who has traversed the path him/herself before they teach me. I was just saying we should take note that someone can teach without out having done it it before to a certain level. We have to look at the fact that Cora is not learning 10p tech from her BJJ school and she doesn't go to a moon. So what were you guys assuming she is learning it on her own, highly doubt it. Bruce is putting the information together and drilling it with her and it seems like he is making sure to get the details. Professor Eddie has said himself "Cora is killing it some of the best rubber guard he's seen". She learned from her father who doesn't roll. Now as she her game evolves she should seek out an instructor that has had more mat time, so the instructor can trouble shoot roll with her and monitor her progress that way. Also yes, we do not want to water down the system with people teaching that aren't qualified themselves, ok he wants to teach. Well the there are steps make a HotBox and there are qualifications for that i.e competing and going to a moon at least once a month. If he doesn't roll then he cant meet them, so there for its not a HotBox, and not part of 10th Planet. Maybe that's why he calls it Jiu-Jitsu 4 FREE. Just look at Cora, sure Bruce can teach kids who don't know jiu jitsu yea sure there only gonna get some much from him but its FREE jiu-jitsu you get what u pay for. But im sure he will plant that jiu-jitsu seed and it will make them seek to go to a real school.

I believe she has had success with the 10th planet system because she still trains at a proper academy. Do you really think she would be at that level if it was just Bruce teaching her? I certainly don't. Cora understands jiu jitsu.
    Plus above all else child safety is the most important thing here. He is not qualified in any way shape or form to teach children. I don't teach kids yet because I have only been instructing adults for 3 months, so I don't feel I am ready. Yet I am a father of 2 (2 boys, 7 and 4 years old) and I train in this sport.

Finally guys, do you really think Cora would know about Eddie/10p if Bruce hadn't exposed her to it? I just don't see everyone at her academy pressing her to 'go check out 10th planet jiu jitsu', especially as some places think we are a bunch of gi hating stoners. Honestly feels like a parent living his/her dreams through their child. Obviously Bruce has done his research and knows 10th planet is the shit and that is commendable, as is his enthusiasm, but for me jiu jitsu is about so much more than just techniques. How can he teach that fighting spirit when he doesn't know what it feels like himself.

As I say, my only real concern is the safety of these kids he wants to take under his wing. Accidents happen, but in the environment he speaks of creating the risks are much higher.
    Also lets not forget Bruce has a massive 10th planet logo painted on his garage wall.

Last edited by Sam Sales; 08-28-2013 at 03:47 AM.

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Pedophiles always protect their own. I love it. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin W. View Post
    Well said! Thank you.

Array

School
    That was pretty douchey, Eric.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Portland Moon Head/Instructor
    My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/monzon421
    Use the discount code DEADORCHARD at Phalanxfc.com to get %15 off any purchase.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast