Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Oviedo 10th Planet Atlantic Beach

nogi...no evidence so far!

I've yet to see a reason for an anti gi argument when talking about just jiu jitsu. The guys who are the best in gi are also the best in nogi. Even young gi guys like Ciao, Keenan and the Mendes brothers dominate both.just like the legends did like Speedy and Jon Jac did in the early days. It looks to me if you're great in a gi you're great out of it too. In my opinion the 10p4life kids aren't great because they avoid a gi. You're great because of your passion and innovation!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I like Jiu Jitsu.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    If there were 5,000 jiu jitsu schools that only focused on nogi jiu jitsu ADCC would look alot different. I'm talking about pure jiu jitsu schools, not MMA gyms.

Right now 98% of pure jiu jitsu schools are gi schools, that's why most jiu jitsu players come from the gi. That's why ADCC is filled with gi guys.

Jean Jacques, Marcelo and Rafa are the greatest ADCC competitors ever and all 3 focus on gi techs that work nogi
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

I really hope Rafa doesn't get hurt in the 66kg so that he can do the Absolute this year. So far in the entire Atos ADCC camp no one has been able to tap Rafa Mendes even once. You got Andre Galvao, Dean Lister, JT Torres, Keenan Cornelius, and visits from other Atos guys like Claudio Calasans, Bruno Frazzato, and a ton of other guys. No one has tapped him even once in about 6 weeks.

Last edited by Mike Nall; 10-07-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Here we go....

Array

School
    RGA NYC
    10th planet newark 2020
    Last edited by elon hodge; 10-07-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    I really hope Rafa doesn't get hurt in the 66kg so that he can do the Absolute this year. So far in the entire Atos ADCC camp no one has been able to tap Rafa Mendes even once. You got Andre Galvao, Dean Lister, JT Torres, Keenan Cornelius, and visits from other Atos guys like Claudio Calasans, Bruno Frazzato, and a ton of other guys. No one has tapped him even once in about 6 weeks. YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQFf_TPNbXU
    Real talk? How did you gather such info?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post
    Real talk? How did you gather such info?
    Skip to 30:30. I also have a friend there that will watch the training sessions and send me pics/vids or tell me about it. He's obviously said he hasn't seen Rafa tapped but he also doesn't get to see all the training sessions since he can't be at Costa Mesa and San Diego at the same time.

Last edited by Mike Nall; 10-07-2013 at 07:35 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Before I state my opinion, know that I have very high respect for all combat arts.

But..I don't believe training in the gi can improve your skills for no gi more efficiently than training no gi can. That is true for every sport, and there's never a debate. You don't hear arguments that baseball players should train football instead of baseball to get better at baseball... "But gi and nogi are closer than that" ok nobody says baseball players should train softball or golf instead of baseball to get better at baseball...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast