Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC

Hate the term "Crackhead Control"? A (possible) solution

Of all the terms Eddie created, the most controversial is undoubtedly "Crackhead Control". At one of the Allentown seminars, Eddie even addressed if for a minute and asked a couple of the kids present, if "crackhead" was a bad word.

I originally hesitated to use the term with my daughter but I eventually made a joke of it and proceeded to teach her Crackhead Control. Which, incidentally, I now realize was actually New York Crackhead since I've been doing it "wrong" for the past few years -but that's not the point here...

Anyway, for those who hate the term Crackhead Control, I suggest "Kraken Control" as an alternate. According to Google, a Kraken is a "legendary sea monster of giant proportions". I think the idea of controlling a Kraken communicates the same concept that the original term conveyed.

So can we get an official decree from Eddie proclaiming "Kraken Control" to be an official substitute for "Crackhead Control"? Let's not deny my daughter the opportunity to one day say, "Yeah, you know the term Kraken Control? My daddy came up with that."

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Whats wrong with using the term Crackhead Control?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Are we for real worried about offending crackheads?
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Ronin
    Crackheads have to be controlled
    formerly known as jmw0582

we should call it "shit-fuck-damn-bitch-cunt-ass-crackhead-horor" control and just get all of them out of the way

(sorry when someone is perfectly rational I have this weird impulse to go totally irrational)
    Last edited by BIBIANO; 10-13-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    smh
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    I'm with RIC on this one. Remember guys, our future rest with our kids. 10thplanet technique is not just for us adults anymore. I've seen more and more kids coming out playing the rubber guard system and at tournament you have to be extra careful screaming out "Crackhead Control". At the rate that 10thplanet is growing, a few more years you will see 10thplanet kids rubber guarding at every tournament, so making a name that is tournament and gym friendly will go a long way.

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    smh
    Obviously, I'm being a bit lighthearted in my original post. But to be serious for a minute here...

Many things start off "raw" and end up a bit more mainstream. It's unavoidable and not necessarily a bad thing. Consider how the UFC reached a point early in their existence where they had to take out the groin strikes, or the way Joe Rogan stopped smoking weed on camera on his podcast, or how Metallica went from "Seek and Destroy" to "One", or how Ice Cube went from NWA to "Are We There Yet", or how Mick Jagger no longer sings "...just like a Black girl should" in the song Brown Sugar. It's just a part of the growing process for the business. When the original concept is created the creator isn't thinking about mainstream success, he's just putting out whatever pops into his head. But as the years go by and unforseen opportunities arise, the creator would be foolish to stick to his guns and not modify his creation to take advantage of new opportunities.

When Eddie created Crackhead Control I'll bet he wasn't thinking of the day when he'd have dozens of affiliates, some possibly located in traditional martial arts schools where an owner may be trying to market 10th Planet to parents. That day is here now.

[Oh, and it totally sucks that Mick Jagger no longer sings, "...just like a Black girl should" in Brown Sugar. Fuckin' sellout ]
    Last edited by Ric; 10-13-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Crack head is fine by me. My kids class gets crack head control.

Array

School
    Ronin
    What is wrong with the using crackhead I don't get it? Joe rogan stopped smoking on camera because that's ustreams rules and they would pull the video not because he saw anything wrong with it.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast