School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    Haha what is Steve O the Steve O of?
    Beng a jackass?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Im wondering if he's always been this crazy but the constant training just balanced him out.

Array

School
    Revolution Combat Sports
    There's eccentric - Mayhem Monkey days, pre Bully Beatdown- then there's piece of shit human being. I've officially gone off the "eccentric" excuse for him bandwagon. He needs professional help and if that doesn't work then he needs isolation from society. I also met him after his fight with Tim Kennedy (had a fighter on that card and we all had dinner at the after party) and he was intense but pretty nice to everyone. It's a shame, but there's no excuse for what he's doing these days. I second what David said about how someday I hope he recovers and give us clarity on the snap...

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Carbone View Post
    Im wondering if he's always been this crazy but the constant training just balanced him out.
    I don't know his whole life story, but I know a little bit based on a few interviews he's conducted. He's always been this crazy. Constant training did balance him out.

I mean he went from the type of guy that would have full blown fist fights with his father and being poor to getting a show on MTV and being a lovable character and making a good living off of MMA. That was the power of training in his life. I'm sure he still trains. But I think getting cut after getting wrestlefucked just really dragged his soul down and he probably doesn't have the right people around him to help him back to his feet. Without that goal of the belt.

Someone needs to tell him, even without that gold strap you can still be the people's champ. Look at Wand. He's gonna have a die hard fan base forever. He could've been a people's champ kind of guy. But instead he's just reverting to being a piece of trash.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Constant training did balance him out.
    And being on his MEDS. I remember a article on him (a long time ago) were he talked about getting on the right meds and how much it helped him.

Array

School
    ah that makes sense. Meds help balance the chems in your brain. But lifestyle is still the biggest factor. I speak from experience. Pills don't kill your demons. They just give you a chance to have a more level head. But in the end, you have to kill your own demons.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    I just landed a part time gig as a contract writer for BJPenn.com and the editor lives down the street from Mayhem and says that there's more to the story. They seem to think that the MMA world is sort of demonizing him, which could be the case but who knows for sure. I might be writing a story to counter-point what happened and possibly get some more details. Not sure yet, but we'll see.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Yelverton View Post
    I just landed a part time gig as a contract writer for BJPenn.com and the editor lives down the street from Mayhem and says that there's more to the story. They seem to think that the MMA world is sort of demonizing him, which could be the case but who knows for sure. I might be writing a story to counter-point what happened and possibly get some more details. Not sure yet, but we'll see.
    Bottom line, he said what he said. There's nothing to counterpoint. "Uriah peed on his shoe." Still not ok. "Uriah was bragging with photo evidence of how he slept with Mayhem's mom." Still not ok. Don't dig yourself a hole by trying to excuse inexcusable behavior.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Bottom line, he said what he said. There's nothing to counterpoint. "Uriah peed on his shoe." Still not ok. "Uriah was bragging with photo evidence of how he slept with Mayhem's mom." Still not ok. Don't dig yourself a hole by trying to excuse inexcusable behavior.
    I'm not trying to excuse him by any means. What he did was certainly demeaning and wrong, I agree. I'm talking more about his behavior in general, as in is he crazy, is there a medical diagnosis, or is there some personal problems that's resulting in all this strange behavior? Also, how much of a twist does the media in MMA put on things? For instance, everyone said he broke into a church and got naked. He said in another interview that he had known the preacher and had spent the night in the church and that he wasn't completely naked. I'm not giving the dude a pass on anything, I'm just saying that it would be a change-up to hear him try to explain some of these events. Not giving the guy a pardon in any manner.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Miller is a smart guy. He can't make it to the top with his skill, so he keeps himself relevant by acting crazy. No publicity is bad publicity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast