Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how do you deal with a sunk body triangle?

(When your opponent has the body triangle locked on you, what are the options for escapes/counters?)

to anyone at HQ, is the best option still the Jean Jacques path we did last night (trap your opponents underhook, roll to that side, pin the back of your head against the mat?)

thanks ya'll
    Last edited by BIBIANO; 01-07-2014 at 12:05 PM.

can we get the Kurt Osiander response out of the way already "you already fucked up by letting your opponent get your back!"

Last edited by BIBIANO; 01-07-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Array

School
    Frostbite Vale-Tudo
    Well, I'll tell you what I do, first and most importantly, roll towards the locked ankle, you want that on the mat. Then, if you can step on the ankle/leg that's trapping their other ankle, do so, and drive your hips up. This puts pressure on their ankle, often causing them to release the triangle.

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRhino View Post
    Well, I'll tell you what I do, first and most importantly, roll towards the locked ankle, you want that on the mat. Then, if you can step on the ankle/leg that's trapping their other ankle, do so, and drive your hips up. This puts pressure on their ankle, often causing them to release the triangle.
    This is basics. There are some more.. here is one similar to what I use a lot. If not quick they can get mount pretty easily though.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Two additional things that seem to work with more than acceptable success:

First, one of several solid escapes from the body triangle from Bill Coopers Escapes DVD:

Hook their leg like how In the video drew linked, the motion he says you can try to do at 0:33, take your leg over their shin and across their foot, turn towards the opponents other knee(the one w/ white sleeve in this vids case), look towards them (passionately into their eyes, if possible) then push down on their knee(white sleeved knee). This is a pretty solid ankle lock...
    [edit: this seems to be the technique AKRhino described above as well, I didn't see his post until after I posted]

Second, everyone always says 'dont cross your legs/hooks when you have someones back', and everyone knows why... So note what happens when he does at 45-47 to push the leg in, once he does that, the opponents legs are fully crossed, and you can now figure four ontop of them for the traditional footflex/slice attack on a person who's legs are crossed...

Most of the other escapes I use from this position are from the bill cooper dvd, are based on the movement done at 45-47 secs in the video drew linked, but my favorite is the one based on the movement at 0:33 if you can hook the foot...

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    My main training partner (former now, he moved) stopped using the body triangle from back mount on each other completely because of the technique Kurt shows in the video above. (also described by AKRhino)

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    ive always found instant transmission to work quite well, teleport on to their backs and see how they like that. my first thought is always, what would goku do?

i dont do this often at all but there is also (dunno wht its really called) but the wriggle technique. ive found that if you can get the body triangle to move down, sometimes they will readjust and theres a gap there. or you can possibly try to bait them with putting your free arm by yourside, they might try to capture it in their leg and if your waiting for it, you should be able to get out.

i dont recommend either but might as well get them out there. maybe it helps someone somewhere at sometime.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    had to look up who goku is, for older people, nightcrawler would be a more relatable character.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    had to look up who goku is, for older people, nightcrawler would be a more relatable character.
    i might as well have just gotten scotty to beam me up.

and stuff nightcrawler, not saying that nightcrawler is terrible but everyone knows deadpool would destroy nightcrawler.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Not a big fan of Osiander but he did explain that the best defense is prevention and never get there...i like that. I would say never reach your hand down to do something with his feet.., a good guy is just gonna trap the arm and now your really in trouble.. Just a White belts 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth. (which is probably less than 2 cents) lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast