View Poll Results: Who is the 2013 NWOTY?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tony "El Cucuy" Ferguson

29 12.66%
  • Nathan Orchard

37 16.16%
  • Kelvin Gastelum

18 7.86%
  • John "Yoda" Botello

10 4.37%
  • Jessamyn Duke

8 3.49%
  • Brian "Barncat" Debes

60 26.20%
  • Geo "Freakazoid" Martinez

5 2.18%
  • Louis "Street" Ho

24 10.48%
  • Kyra Batara

13 5.68%
  • Richie "Boogeyman" Martinez

25 10.92%
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Maybe I am just thinking to deep about this and I don't want to come off as disrespectful but I think the criteria of this pole is too vague. There is no possible way that me or Barn Cat made as big of an impact as Kelvin or Jessamyn or Tony. They have a way bigger stage to promote the system. They have exposure from the main stream media. So in that way I think the pole is flawed otherwise they would be winning. What people actually seem to voting on is who puts together the sickest highlight reel. Or who is the most known on the forum. Just look at the results. To me they seem way off of what they should be. How does Geo only have six votes? He is a complete monster. He is training with some of the best people in Southern California. He should be up there with me and Brian. What is really crazy to me is in all of the nominations Slick Rick never got mentioned once. How is that? He is one of the most consistent people out there. He always drops insane knowledge on the forum. He trains his ass off and is the model for a 10th Planet warrior. Its because he doesn't post highlight reels. I know he competes all the time and I have watched some of his matches on youtube but I can't think of ever seeing them on the forum. (Maybe I just missed them) Then there is me. Almost annoying with how many highlight reels I post. Or Brian winning NAGA left and right with sick sick leg attacks and rubber guard. You just can't ignore that. That is why I believe him and I are so close for first.

So my point is( and I may be very wrong) that once you boil it down, this pole is either based on plain and simple popularity or it is based on the sickest highlight reel of the year and not based on "who made the biggest impact". If it is based on the sickest highlight reel then we should start a new thread with both of our 2013 HL, then a vote. If it is based on popularity or something else I don't seem to understand then we should just let this vote play out and see what happens. I'm sure yall will let me know what you think

Hopefully all of that makes sense.
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Portland Moon Head/Instructor
    My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/monzon421
    Use the discount code DEADORCHARD at Phalanxfc.com to get %15 off any purchase.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    never saw Kevin rep 10th planet on TUF or in UFC once. Hope Im wrong but I watched all of the TUF season waiting for a 10p mention, never saw it. Im sure there were mentions that got edited out?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    never saw Kevin rep 10th planet on TUF or in UFC once. Hope Im wrong but I watched all of the TUF season waiting for a 10p mention, never saw it. Im sure there were mentions that got edited out?
    The only time I saw it was the little video they showed during the finale. You see the 10th Planet banner for 1/2 a second but other than that there was no mention that made it through the editing process.

Orchard yes everybody on that list is flying the 10th Planet high. Maybe people from this forum only know you because of your highlight reels but if you look at any type of poll its going to be the same way. If a presidential candidate isnt out shaking hands and kissing babies he probably wont make it past the primaries.
    No doubt that list is full of beasts but I think you're selling yourself short by not thinking you should be at the top of the list.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    The only time I saw it was the little video they showed during the finale. You see the 10th Planet banner for 1/2 a second but other than that there was no mention that made it through the editing process.

Orchard yes everybody on that list is flying the 10th Planet high. Maybe people from this forum only know you because of your highlight reels but if you look at any type of poll its going to be the same way. If a presidential candidate isnt out shaking hands and kissing babies he probably wont make it past the primaries.
    No doubt that list is full of beasts but I think you're selling yourself short by not thinking you should be at the top of the list.
    All I am saying is that if I win or lose a contest I just want it to be something other than popularity. If I were to win because when people saw my reel against somebody else's reel and they thought mine was better, and the criteria for the contest was clear,I would be cool with that. The criteria for this contest wasn't all that clear. But Brent, I am not selling myself short. I would feel comfortable putting my submission HL reel of one year against anybody out there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Want to be clear, Kevin seems like a great guy and Im not accusing him of not repin' hard enough. Just saying what repin' made it through the editing for Kevin compared to Jessamyn is strangely lopsided, like one of the TV people during Kevins season downplayed 10P and then for Jessamyns season they decided it was cool to push.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    if popularity is based on what we know of jitz comp, then its seems legit to win by popularity, its not because you bought everyone drinks.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    if popularity is based on what we know of jitz comp, then its seems legit to win by popularity, its not because you bought everyone drinks.
    that's kinda my point. Its all about what you "know of." So let those who want to be voted on submit their HL reels to show results of the year that way there is a means of comparison instead of just who you actually "know of". its an educated vote instead of what seems to be a popularity contest. But if the NWOTY is about "promoting" 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu then Joe Rogan should probably win it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan orchard View Post
    All I am saying is that if I win or lose a contest I just want it to be something other than popularity. If I were to win because when people saw my reel against somebody else's reel and they thought mine was better, and the criteria for the contest was clear,I would be cool with that. The criteria for this contest wasn't all that clear. But Brent, I am not selling myself short. I would feel comfortable putting my submission HL reel of one year against anybody out there.
    Good! I do agree that the criteria needs to be a little more clear but I don't know that people wouldn't vote for people they like/know regardless. When I voted it was a toss up between you and Barncat as far as my own criteria for NWOY but I went with who I thought deserved it more. It was a hard vote though!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    But I guess none of this really matters now. I does seem to be between me and Brian. At this point it really doesn't matter to me what happens. The fact that it is between me and one other guy is good enough for me. now all it seems to be is who is lucky enough to squeak out that wining vote before time runs out. For real tho, a huge thanks goes out to anybody that voted for me. Crazy cool for me

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan orchard View Post
    Maybe I am just thinking to deep about this and I don't want to come off as disrespectful but I think the criteria of this pole is too vague. There is no possible way that me or Barn Cat made as big of an impact as Kelvin or Jessamyn or Tony. They have a way bigger stage to promote the system. They have exposure from the main stream media. So in that way I think the pole is flawed otherwise they would be winning. What people actually seem to voting on is who puts together the sickest highlight reel. Or who is the most known on the forum. Just look at the results. To me they seem way off of what they should be. How does Geo only have six votes? He is a complete monster. He is training with some of the best people in Southern California. He should be up there with me and Brian. What is really crazy to me is in all of the nominations Slick Rick never got mentioned once. How is that? He is one of the most consistent people out there. He always drops insane knowledge on the forum. He trains his ass off and is the model for a 10th Planet warrior. Its because he doesn't post highlight reels. I know he competes all the time and I have watched some of his matches on youtube but I can't think of ever seeing them on the forum. (Maybe I just missed them) Then there is me. Almost annoying with how many highlight reels I post. Or Brian winning NAGA left and right with sick sick leg attacks and rubber guard. You just can't ignore that. That is why I believe him and I are so close for first.

So my point is( and I may be very wrong) that once you boil it down, this pole is either based on plain and simple popularity or it is based on the sickest highlight reel of the year and not based on "who made the biggest impact". If it is based on the sickest highlight reel then we should start a new thread with both of our 2013 HL, then a vote. If it is based on popularity or something else I don't seem to understand then we should just let this vote play out and see what happens. I'm sure yall will let me know what you think

Hopefully all of that makes sense.
    Nathan, you and Barncat are in the lead for a reason, its because the majority of the people here feel you guys are repping the system the way it should be repped. The majority of the people are not UFC fighters here, and they can relate to you guys. You guys inspire all of us, don't take that away from yourself. The criteria has been explained and debated for the past 3 years. Each voter has their own idea of what IS and who the Nibiru Wariror of the Year should be, hence the importance of the poll/vote. You and Brian are neck and neck, most of us feel you guys have repped and lead by example of how a Nibiru Warrior conducts themselves. Whether through competition or contribution to the system you guys deserve the recognition you are receiving!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast