View Poll Results: And the 2013 Moon Of The Year is?

Voters
227. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco

42 18.50%
  • Vista

31 13.66%
  • Gulf Shores

9 3.96%
  • Bethlehem

22 9.69%
  • Omaha

9 3.96%
  • Melbourne

22 9.69%
  • Costa Mesa

26 11.45%
  • Decatur

28 12.33%
  • Yuma

8 3.52%
  • Rochester

30 13.22%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet VistA
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Ryan, I appreciate your viewpoint, and I hope I don't come off as disrespectful. I would like to point out that Alliance, arguably the most dominant Jiu Jitsu team in the world, is headquartered in the Southeast (Atlanta), right here in our back yard. Where did Cobrinha come to Los Angeles from? The Southeast. He competes at the highest level, but he was raising his students right here. If he's bringing up good people there in California, are we to believe he was unable to produce quality people while he was here? Marcelo Garcia's FIRST Black Belt is in Memphis, TN; not California. What type of student is he raising? Those are just 2 quick examples. We don't have the same population numbers, so we don't have the same quantity of competitors, but I assure you that the quality is not lacking. I'm willing to slap hands with anyone who lines up across from me, and my teammates are willing to do the same. I submit that few have affected an entire state and region of the country in the way that 10th Planet Decatur has. We, along with 10th Planet Gulf Shores, the Swim Team in Mobile, and The Florence All Stars dominate an entire state, and have begun to infiltrate Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, and Mississippi as well.

I'm not on a campaign here; I think the best academy should win. But there is more to take into account in what constitutes a great academy than their competition results (ours are exceptional, for the record). What kind of impact is the school having on its students and within the community it is located in? What is the academy doing to further the 10th Planet name within its region? How many lives are being positively impacted? Perhaps the measurements of such things are simply anecdotal; I can appreciate that argument.

I have pride in my academy, as do you. I believe I'm using my academy to change the world; Jiu Jitsu is my vehicle to do so. I believe you are probably doing the same, as can be evidenced by the quality of the human beings that I have met from Vista. Richie Martinez is a great ambassador for you, and maybe one of my favorite people in the whole system. I see you on Facebook exuding positivity and joy. These things are not measurable in competition results. But they perhaps can be measured by the amount of people passionate enough about our objectives and our missions to cast a vote our way.

All respect to you Ryan. I appreciate what you are doing for our organization.
    No disrespect taken brotha actually, we share the same view point! There are a LOT of things to consider.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    I had to vote for Vista, since they produce KILLERS.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Is it still pro members only?
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    I still can't vote

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    10th Planet Walnut Creek will make this list next year. Mark my words.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Is it still pro members only?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Milstid View Post
    I still can't vote
    Looks like it is pro members only still

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    10th Planet Walnut Creek will make this list next year. Mark my words.
    Copy cat!

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    The farther you get from HQ, the more valuable this site and forum become. If i was on the mats at hq, i wouldnt have to come here to study and progress. Moons and teams are built with this forum at its foundation. There is no delusion that this is anything but forum contest. But its a contest with a title and banner attached so game on. I have learned more here than all other mediums combined, watched ronins progress into heroes, seen phenoms develop first hand, and witnessed one of my favorite b-boy crews assimilate into the system I love. I always knew if the right person got a hold of a high level b-boy shit would get real. Shit is real in Vista for sure. Shits real in Yuma, Oregon, tha Roc, Omaha, Van Nuys, Montreal, San Fran. I could go on. All democratic processes are popularity contests by there very nature. Just iz. Make no doubt though, this forum is powerful. It unites, inspires, instructs, and governs. Invaluable asset to any not training directly under a world champ.

I would also like to ask a question. How can anyone judge the level of competition, without consistently competing in that region? I've driven 6 hrs to destroy a naga, to turn around and get tooled in Biloxi. By a teenager.. I dont think the level is higher here, but from my adventures, its pretty good. After all, if you don't wanna live vicariously through other peoples achievements(college football/sec), there really ain't shit else to do here in the south. We are made up of the same stuff as everybody else down here, people are people, some just eat more grits. We just need purpose, guidance, time to develop, and a chance.

Brandon is the most genuine person I've ever met, Zog has always been ahead of the game, and I can't wait to train with so many on here. I don't look up to celebrities or professional athletes anymore. I look up to you guys. Everyone puttin a stamp on there corner of the map, who's pickin up the flag and rushing to take the high ground by example. So much beauty in that whatever your zip code and the journey wouldnt be possible for so many without 10pjj.com.

Once I start typing I can't seem to stop. Its a condition. 10p4l.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    The farther you get from HQ, the more valuable this site and forum become. If i was on the mats at hq, i wouldnt have to come here to study and progress. Moons and teams are built with this forum at its foundation. There is no delusion that this is anything but forum contest. But its a contest with a title and banner attached so game on. I have learned more here than all other mediums combined, watched ronins progress into heroes, seen phenoms develop first hand, and witnessed one of my favorite b-boy crews assimilate into the system I love. I always knew if the right person got a hold of a high level b-boy shit would get real. Shit is real in Vista for sure. Shits real in Yuma, Oregon, tha Roc, Omaha, Van Nuys, Montreal, San Fran. I could go on. All democratic processes are popularity contests by there very nature. Just iz. Make no doubt though, this forum is powerful. It unites, inspires, instructs, and governs. Invaluable asset to any not training directly under a world champ.

I would also like to ask a question. How can anyone judge the level of competition, without consistently competing in that region? I've driven 6 hrs to destroy a naga, to turn around and get tooled in Biloxi. By a teenager.. I dont think the level is higher here, but from my adventures, its pretty good. After all, if you don't wanna live vicariously through other peoples achievements(college football/sec), there really ain't shit else to do here in the south. We are made up of the same stuff as everybody else down here, people are people, some just eat more grits. We just need purpose, guidance, time to develop, and a chance.

Brandon is the most genuine person I've ever met, Zog has always been ahead of the game, and I can't wait to train with so many on here. I don't look up to celebrities or professional athletes anymore. I look up to you guys. Everyone puttin a stamp on there corner of the map, who's pickin up the flag and rushing to take the high ground by example. So much beauty in that whatever your zip code and the journey wouldnt be possible for so many without 10pjj.com.

Once I start typing I can't seem to stop. Its a condition. 10p4l.
    Utra deep
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    Wow! A beam of light blew thru the roof of my house and lit up the whole room when was on bobby's post, pretty sure I heard angels singing to. Well said brother.
    Always train with purpose and fight with passion . Don't be afraid to dream big, but have the balls to make your dreams come true.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile
    Dang this is a really close poll... I have been on the edge of my seat checking it every hour today to see who's currently in the lead!!!

Well said Bobby!!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast