Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    From what I've seen for some products, its seems like the norm is they charge twice as much as what it costs them. Some products charge 40% more than what it costs them. For rashgaurds who knows. I'm sure Eddie is charging reasonable if not more tha0n reasonable. Even if he were to charge like everyone else at least he's generous and charges penuts for MTS. And also where are they made? In India or Canada? That makes a difference as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    It was an outfit called Tufgear solutions but they are not in operation anymore.
    I am currently in talks with another guy in New York, determining prices so I don't quote anything incorrectly. I have sent him the Peterborough Moon pilot graphic and asked for quotes. Once I get the quotes I will post them here and link his site.
    Charging people 60+ dollars for a rash guard is highway robbery imho.
    Like I said, I know my opinion on it isn't going to be popular, but I'm ok with that.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Well and it's different too like you said, for small outfits. Eddie is trying to make a living doing something that he loves with all his heart.
    Hayabusa is a massive company that off-shores their production. I just looked at one of my rashies from them and it is made in taiwan.

So I buy stuff from the 10P store and subscribe to MTS to support Eddie and the growth and health of the 10P kingdom, but I am super picky when it comes to buying other stuff like Hayabusa, etc.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts - 10th Planet Peterborough/Troop BJJ
    LOL I just want to say Kurzy's opinion does not reflect the rest of our club. I personally did the research and designed, collected sizes and cash, and ordered our clubs most recent rashies and did them through x-guard brand, and they turned out great. However, $25 bucks a pop is an absurd price. If you are doing them with a brand of any reputation and quality (ie. have positive reviews you can contact that can vouch for them, very upfront with business and all costs involved, willing to take money in a safe manner for both parties through avenues like paypal, etc) you need to order a minimum of 50 or more to get even close to anything below $30 per piece...you need to factor in the conversion rate, shipping as well as duties if you are ordering from a company outside of your country as well...$60 per piece and north of that is absurd, especially when companies like Hyabusa are mass producing these, but if you want custom made stuff and quality, you need to pay a little bit.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Xguard is just one company Josh.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    At one point I wrote this in the thread:
    "I agree with you, llike MTS is more than resonable. But I found that the costs for rashgaurds and ect are the norm from what I'm used of seeing. The rashgaurd at Nordik Fight Club is 60$ long sleeve for example. And on Amazon I didn't pay shipping for Eddie's books cuz I spent more than $25-35. I just thought it would be a win win situation for everyone. "

I just looked again yesterday its actually 49.99 not 60. BUt.... Its one colour and one logo, so its probably less expensive for that reason. And the people I see where one the colour is a bit faded so... I guess you get what you pay for.

I think I'm going to buy a 10p rashgaurd anyway after all this discussion lol. I just wish I was a blue belt because they're so much nicer than the white ones. I'm almost tempted to buy the blue one anyways, no one here knows that the colour of your rashgaurd corresponds to the colour of your belt...hmm what to do.. What do u guys think?

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Sarasin View Post
    From what I've seen for some products, its seems like the norm is they charge twice as much as what it costs them. Some products charge 40% more than what it costs them. For rashgaurds who knows. I'm sure Eddie is charging reasonable if not more tha0n reasonable. Even if he were to charge like everyone else at least he's generous and charges penuts for MTS. And also where are they made? In India or Canada? That makes a difference as well.
    From what I understand of custom rashguards, they run at least $55 (I think that's what Josh paid for our Chicago ones through OTM). There is a minimum order and they are made in California. He then has to pay for shipping to get them to us which isn't cheap based on the amount he buys. If you look at the prices of the other moon's custom rashguards, they are typically $60-$65+ shipping.

The companies that can afford the 40% mark up are those that print thousands of the same item, probably using overseas manufacturers. There is a big difference between those large companies and a small operation like what Eddie has. I always consider it as supporting the system. I plan on buying leggings when I'm at HQ Thursday and even though they are more than I typically spend, I want to support the system because any money we put into the system benefits us all in the long run.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    I'm almost tempted to buy the blue one anyways, no one here knows that the colour of your rashgaurd corresponds to the colour of your belt...hmm what to do.. What do u guys think?
    Thats a big negatory batman. We earn that, you don't just wear whatever color you want. Respect the system and respect yourself. Misrepresentation is the biggest mistake that you can make. We take that shit serious.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    Thats a big negatory batman. We earn that, you don't just wear whatever color you want. Respect the system and respect yourself. Misrepresentation is the biggest mistake that you can make. We take that shit serious.
    Hespect Youself, Earn your blue belch, wear blue Hashgauch

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg

I think I'm going to buy a 10p rashgaurd anyway after all this discussion lol. I just wish I was a blue belt because they're so much nicer than the white ones. I'm almost tempted to buy the blue one anyways, no one here knows that the colour of your rashgaurd corresponds to the colour of your belt...hmm what to do.. What do u guys think?

Dont listen to the others, ive seen on this forum under other posts that you can buy and wear what ever rash guard color you want. Just dont compete in it or claim that your that rank.

Most rashguards youll buy at walmart are gonna be plain black. Are you not allowed to wear those?

Maybe you look like a tool in white but sexy as fuck in blue

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    I guess your right, eventually someone would know that the colours represent somehting. Not too many people in quebec city know about 10th planet but i could be wrong. I guess I'm better off not taking the chance then looking like a fake douchbag lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast