Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gordo

Array

School
    asylum/MFS 10th planet Chicago
    hughes had a freaky solid grappling game and not sure he could even touch his own toes though .. haha

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Tom Ryan the Head Coach for Ohio State wrestling has been quoted as saying he looks for Flexibility first and technique a close second.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I think to say they are naturally flexible is a huge assumption. They very well could have worked their asses off to gain that level of flexibity which would support the work ethic that got them to the level they are at. I think there is less a correlation of flexibility that equals success, but rather crazy work ethic.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Warrior Way (Caique)
    One time David Garmo (one of the most bad ass competitors from my affiliation, just went to worlds last year) told my coach and a few of us that were there:
    "You want to know what makes me good? I'm not the strongest person, you all are probably stronger than me. I'm not the fastest person either. I'm not even that flexible, but you know what I do have? I've been to 70-80+ tournaments and have been put in every situation you can imagine."

I thought that was a very interesting thing to hear from a high level competitor because sometimes it can feel intimidating when we aren't as physically gifted/conditioned as other people in our craft, but hard work and experience can overcome any physical advantage

P.S. That doesn't mean working on our physical attributes won't help, its just a piece of the puzzle!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Everyone is born super flexible. Some use it so it stays, some don't so it doesn't. But you can always get it back unless you have some kind of serious injury
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

chris miah

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Everyone is born super flexible. Some use it so it stays, some don't so it doesn't. But you can always get it back unless you have some kind of serious injury
    This is great to hear what you and Herzog said, I guess it is a matter of real hard work and dedicated time.

Array

School
    Warrior Way (Caique)
    Flexibility makes everything better My game would be far less effective without it and I still have room to work on it!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ Searle View Post
    I would say Buchecha isn't super flexible, but he kills it because he is capable of moving like and keeping the pace of a lightweight
    If you can play tornado guarch you're pretty damn flexible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12