Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    None
    for my size, I have a pretty fierce squeeze and I leg curl as hard as possible and it's all tight and not just thrown together, I didn't let you know that I do everything right first before anything. They are just so strong and large compared to me that they lift me up, but I will definitely drill the absolute balls out of the air pump. It would work both ways they lift me! I'm currently in a move to texas, but I am going to sign up for the pro membership starting march. I'm currently in the middle of a move to Florida. Thank all of you so much! This was priceless info and help for me I appreciate everything =D Eddie, it's always great to hear what you got, go get royler, dude! Good luck man.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Kinney View Post
    I don't know if this has been asked yet, but i'm a smaller, lighter guy. When I get into mission control when I roll with bigger guys they posture up no matter how high I am on them and no matter how hard I'm pulling down with the foot on the hip. I always play with the idea of being able to swing into an omoplata/ jiu claw position. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if so, is this possible if you can control and time it just so? It seems plausible, but it looks like there is nothing online that i've found of it. I would appreciate it if anyone could make a video or link a video? Even if it's of swinging to jiu claw holding the arm and having it trapped so you're sorta hanging down, legs up, while they're still up and maybe giving it up to get to the back maybe or something like that? I'm a pretty athletic, quick, bendy guy as well. So I feel like I could do it if it was refined enough. Any thoughts? I'm just trying to brainstorm a fix for this small guy/girl problem when faced with a bigger overall stronger opponent. I can't be the only one this happens to haha. If somebody could practice this and get it down and make a video showing how it would be done would save me. More over if there already is a move that is used from this picked up position and could link me or show me it would be incredibly appreciated. You'd be surprised at how many big body builder-esque type of guys easily 3 times my size want to roll with me, lol. They do feel a little silly though when I eventually tap them, but I always get lifted up by them so I just ditch it and work half guard and get the tap from there most times haha. I appreciate any and all help you guys and gals have to offer.
    I dont know how small you are but when I started really honing my hubber gward I weighed about 145 lbs. So I feel you on the bigger guy thing. Just to be clear you break the posture, then get Mission Control then they posture out? Without being able to see it I would say you have something mechanically/technically wrong with your Mission Control. So when you break them down and get to MC, make sure you're going wrist to ankle, make sure your forearm is right into their neck, make sure you cut the angle just a little bit so youre not square and end up tweaking your knee, basically make sure every single component of your MC is perfect. If they try to posture still go to hetard control or crackhead control (my preference) and settle them down. They will settle down. Then proceed on your attacks, basic path etc etc.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    None
    I'm at 145 from when I started to now. I'm breaking them down, getting MC, foot in the hip, wrist to ankle, knees tight together and leg curling. This doesn't happen with anyone near my size or slightly bigger. It only happens when I roll with people who are 250, 300 pounds and can just physically over come everything I'm doing. To my knowledge, everything is tight and right. Like I said when it's my sized opponents I have no issues. So I was really just looking for an answer on what to do when you do get into it with bigger guys like that. It's most likely not a problem with the mechanics, so much as it's i'm a small light guy and they're 6'5" 280 pounds, haha. Although after a couple times of using all their muscle to lift me up in MC they get tired and can't lift me after once or twice. That first burst of energy in a fresh roll is what gets me when they're strong enough to lift me up. I would just like to know a couple moves or attacks when in that held up position. When it does happen I let go and pswitch into half guard and get lockdown like I have said before and finish them from there lol. I'm usually in crackhead control when they posture up on their knees and have me in the air mid crackhead. Maybe like Genie Control or something you could call it haha :P Just looking at the options I have when I get to what I now will call Genie Control haha. If I can find a guy I'll post a video of what happens to me for a more clear understanding of how I'm held and what to do. Tori I think understands what I get into like that. Thank you so much for the wise words Brent! I appreciate the help.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Ahhh the big boys will make things difficult especially if they stack you. Big guys I would work butterfly guard get a strong over hook and go free NY. Or if you have the flexibility go Flying Kung Fu to your omaplata. I'm pretty partial to Meat hooks too but the big boys are hard to triangle so Id save that for someone you could lock your legs around.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    None
    You're tellin me haha. Yeah that's actually something I didn't think about was getting to butterfly guard and work that. That's actually what I used to beat him the second time. I was setting up for the meat hook, but he reached back for my foot and hooked his hand all by himself and I swiftly locked up the triangle and got the tap lol. I was very lucky for that, so it looks like it's a good plan. Thanks!

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    dude, from my reading your thread, you sound like you already know what you are doing. IF you can kill the guys that are your size with rubber guard, then you know what you are doing. The problem is that you, just like my daughter, we just found out as much as we love the rubber guard, it does have a limit. The key to all of this is that you have to realize that a dude is just too dang big to do rubber guard on. So now I am teaching her to go into her butterfly guard and / or go into her overhook game and go straight into meathook or flying kung fu. You can't attack these huge guys face on. You have to fight them from an angle which the meathook and the flying kung fu presents. OR use your butterflies to sweep and get on top. OR find a way to take their back.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    dude, from my reading your thread, you sound like you already know what you are doing. IF you can kill the guys that are your size with rubber guard, then you know what you are doing. The problem is that you, just like my daughter, we just found out as much as we love the rubber guard, it does have a limit. The key to all of this is that you have to realize that a dude is just too dang big to do rubber guard on. So now I am teaching her to go into her butterfly guard and / or go into her overhook game and go straight into meathook or flying kung fu. You can't attack these huge guys face on. You have to fight them from an angle which the meathook and the flying kung fu presents. OR use your butterflies to sweep and get on top. OR find a way to take their back.
    Bruce just flying Kung fu'd the correct
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Ronin
    I'm as down with Rubber Guard as anybody, but Prison Guard is my go to game for huge guys (100+ pounds advantage), and whip down to heel hook is my game for not quite so big big guys. I'm looking to get immediately out to the side and away from the chest crush.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12