Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    BTW guys we just passed 10,000 views on this thread, catching up to the "Ultimate Ass Thread"!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    BTW guys we just passed 10,000 views on this thread, catching up to the "Ultimate Ass Thread"!
    Dang, I didn't realize how many people viewed this thread until you pointed it out.

Array

School
    Ronin
    ok, thanks mallory its comming together now. I guess leg locks are going to be my new project. I always new there was alot more to it than you can actually see but dam! Its like an art all to its self im with Eddie tho, they scare the hell out of me.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    A basic fall back or inside/outside counter:

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    And by the way fellas they way he attacks and falls straight back is an absolute "No No" when it comes to attack the legs, however its still very common.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    ok, thanks mallory its comming together now. I guess leg locks are going to be my new project. I always new there was alot more to it than you can actually see but dam! Its like an art all to its self im with Eddie tho, they scare the hell out of me.
    No prob Jonathan. Go for it. Ever since I got injured by leg locks I have been studying them, they have become my hidden passion. Once you understand them they are not that scary.

The one thing to know to avoid injury is that you will not feel pain with most of them until a ligament or cartilage tears. You just feel pressure and think 'I can get out of this' and then RIIPPP. Cartilage does not have nerves in it and ligaments very few, that's why you do not feel pain until they break. Tendons on the other hand do have nerves in them. That why anything where there is pressure on your Achilles hurts so you can tap before there is damage that requires surgery.

When I was able to train we would go for the position but not try to submit, especially with heel hooks. Touch and go, that's it.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    And by the way fellas they way he attacks and falls straight back is an absolute "No No" when it comes to attack the legs, however its still very common.
    You can go straight back as long as you don't go flat on your back. If you go back onto your hip which will turn his hip so that they cannot stand up over you and bring your leg over the top of their leg which helps to bend the knee then going back is safe. Escpecially when it's done fast. Would you agree Chris ?

Here is an example of falling back from the guard at around 45 sec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUv4zp7qdeY

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    You can go straight back as long as you don't go flat on your back. If you go back onto your hip which will turn his hip so that they cannot stand up over you and bring the leg over the top of their leg which helps to bend the knee then going back is safe. Escpecially when it is done fast. Would you agree Chris ?
    I agree as long as the second the go back, they turn imediaitely to the inside hip. However I do teach then spinning to their hip as the are falling rather than sitting back then turning.

..off to the Academy to teach noon class then rolling.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    50/50 is no joke. Tim is the guy in the instructional videos with Ryan and the guy who caught me in a heal hook 3 weeks ago. The guy is sick and it didn't help with Ryan there coaching him. Damnit! lol. I'll be lurking on this thread a lot.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Helton View Post
    50/50 is no joke. Tim is the guy in the instructional videos with Ryan and the guy who caught me in a heal hook 3 weeks ago. The guy is sick and it didn't help with Ryan there coaching him. Damnit! lol. I'll be lurking on this thread a lot.

50/50 is ok but I would personally get on my right hip and lock up an Outside Leg Triangle which makes it about a 70/30 in my favor. 50/50 can be dangerous, especially if you don't understand the position but there are safer approaches to leg locks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast