Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Formerly 10P Spokane
    Excited to see more vids of this series.

Array

School
    cobra kai
    I just wanna say that I got into reverse Spider Web while I'm top half guard. It was the same entry as the twister side control. I got the trapped leg free by standing up, my training partner rolled over to defend and bailed on keeping half guard. I'm loving this position. But I do have to mention, I did it on a fellow white belt.

Array

School
    10th planet jiu jitsu sthlm, Sweden
    Really nice

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    So you prefer to give up top position and give the other guy potential points because you feel this control is that far superior? What if you lose just that deep hook, you're in a guard pass on bottom. If the old finish from top fails your on top still and didn't give free points.. I love the kimura and I believe a quality kimura top control/pressure is a dead zone already. Don't get me wrong, I really think this is the best possible control and finish from bottom.

Also, in Mma if you spend a whole round with him in spiderweb or a top kimura, you won that round on points.. I you spend the whole time with him in reverse spider web, then he won that round. I'm not saying you aren't just a close to a sub, I'm saying its not top.

Constructive criticism my friend, as always guys.. this is why we post vids.

Again, just to clarify, this my favorite control for a bottom kimura, and always has been. so regardless of my concerns stated earlier, this is awesome, quality jiujitsu.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ray View Post
    So you prefer to give up top position and give the other guy potential points because you feel this control is that far superior? What if you lose just that deep hook, you're in a guard pass on bottom. If the old finish from top fails your on top still and didn't give free points.. I love the kimura and I believe a quality kimura top control/pressure is a dead zone already. Don't get me wrong, I really think this is the best possible control and finish from bottom.

Also, in Mma if you spend a whole round with him in spiderweb or a top kimura, you won that round on points.. I you spend the whole time with him in reverse spider web, then he won that round. I'm not saying you aren't just a close to a sub, I'm saying its not top.

Constructive criticism my friend, as always guys.. this is why we post vids.

Again, just to clarify, this my favorite control for a bottom kimura, and always has been. so regardless of my concerns stated earlier, this is awesome, quality jiujitsu.
    I have never based my game around wining or losing by points in mma or jj maybe even to a fault. Points just don't matter to me. That being said I have lost a few mma fights and even jiu jitsu fights just because I was in guard and even though my opponent is constantly in trouble and defending submissions I lose cause I'm on bottom. Right or wrong I just don't think about points.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan orchard View Post
    I have never based my game around wining or losing by points in mma or jj maybe even to a fault. Points just don't matter to me. That being said I have lost a few mma fights and even jiu jitsu fights just because I was in guard and even though my opponent is constantly in trouble and defending submissions I lose cause I'm on bottom. Right or wrong I just don't think about points.
    and this is PRECISELY why you are my favorite guy in the system to watch.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    I guess today is a good day to inally start working this in. I feel like a rich kid in a candy store with all these techniques on the forum plus the ARG book. I dont know what to eat first

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Scott, I would liken reverse spider web to regular spider web in that you do choose a riskier position in order to finish. Anytime you fall back to regular spider web, you are risking ending up on bottom if you don't finish. But, you take that chance because the risk is far outweighed by potential reward. (In MMA you see a lot of people wait till the end of the round to go for the armbar, you could approach RSW similarly) I would argue that the kimura grip is far more solidified and safe than any armbar as well.

I've only been trying it a short time though it will be interesting how my training partner's defense develops as they grow accustomed to the move.

Good point gray.

The kimura grip just feels more secure and that combined with the foot on the hip just seems more powerful to me for breaking the opponents grip (if they can even get their hands together)

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    and this is PRECISELY why you are my favorite guy in the system to watch.
    aww shucks BMac, you always know just what to say to make me blush

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast