Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I've been killing with this. Then people start to know what I'm going for and block me from stepping over the legs. I switch my hooks on their same arm and so one can push their knee down. Then I step over and finish with a reverse kimura grip. Or use the diversion to go to an undefended traditional spider web. I love it. It changed my game too. I found I'm finishing matches waay earlier with two directions to go off the kimura grip. I also rarely finished with a kimura till this.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    This is some really incredible stuff. I like the videos, too. The 2 man hosting team is a nice change up from the usual instructional.

Ever set this up from a failed Omoplata attempt? That's what I'm smelling. I know you were going from RSW to Jiu Claw, but do you ever go the other way? Seems like a really natural addition to what I already like in my own personal game.

Again, awesome.
    Wish you woulda mentioned that Sunday. I see exactly what your smelling. Because I can't smell..

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    This is some really incredible stuff. I like the videos, too. The 2 man hosting team is a nice change up from the usual instructional.

Ever set this up from a failed Omoplata attempt? That's what I'm smelling. I know you were going from RSW to Jiu Claw, but do you ever go the other way? Seems like a really natural addition to what I already like in my own personal game.

Again, awesome.
    I definitely will look for it from a failed omoplata. Ill even look for it of a failed triangle if they get their head out. if they try to step over just check their hip so they can't jump over you and if they turn back the other way Ill look for the triangle again or throw in the kimura grip. Its all connected so well.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    I've been killing with this. Then people start to know what I'm going for and block me from stepping over the legs. I switch my hooks on their same arm and so one can push their knee down. Then I step over and finish with a reverse kimura grip. Or use the diversion to go to an undefended traditional spider web. I love it. It changed my game too. I found I'm finishing matches waay earlier with two directions to go off the kimura grip. I also rarely finished with a kimura till this.
    Dude I love to hear people are killing with this. It is amazing how when playing the kimura grip from off your back you have triangles to omoplatas and if you are playing from the top you have multiple kimura finishes or circling around for arm bars. Either way it seems to move in circles if that makes sense.

i thought of an interesting set-up last night as i was falling asleep. i'll see if i can get pics of video of it

Array

School
    10WO
    That reverse omoplata comes on super quick, I'm a believer!

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McLaren View Post
    Dammit, can't view the video at work. Doing a Kurzy and bookmarking
    Well dammit, after reading the text in this thread, I am pulling a Kurzy too! lol Can't wait to see this stuff!

Array

School
    Sbardella MMA/Black Tie BJJ
    Love this

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Thanks for sharing guys. Nice stuff.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    I have been going to the entry from top side control and it is a pretty dominating position. A lot of guys roll through and I end up finishing it belly down.

I really like this position. Thanks for the videos man.

Array

School
    cobra kai
    i tapped a guy with this in class today! i love it! but i want to know more ways to set it up? any of you guys figure out new ways to get to the position?

could you do it from a failed hip bump sweep? i would imagine the guy on top would be holding your leg down once you lock in the kimura grip.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast