Page 193 of 248 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2474
    Quote Originally Posted by Coonehh View Post
    I still think the best way to solve this is to crowdfund a ride in a mig25...but somehow going and doing that is a bit too much proof or something....its like asking people that believe the 911 commission report to actually go and look at more than just the commission report, lol.

I still wholly and fully support "Have you looked into it?" because only by the onslaught of logic, reason, mathematics - all coinciding with careful observation, fully available datasets, and independently repeatable experiment - will the truth be arrived at.

"Flat Earth" is not a theory; neither is it a hypothesis - and this is because both require coherent enough to be decently explanatory mathematics. Technically speaking, flat earth only meets the criteria of a conjecture - just an idea, with nothing substantial really backing it. (But even at that, placing it next to something like the Riemann hypothesis, which is also a conjecture - its still entering a pig with lipstick in a miss usa beauty contest where she must stand next to miss Louisiana. I have yet to actually see anything resembling coherent mathematics for the flat earth conjecture. So it then makes sense to use the literary definition of the wor conjecture, where Conjecture (conjectural emendation) is a critical reconstruction of the original reading of a clearly corrupt, contaminated, nonsensical or illegible textual fragment. Yous missin a few too many pieces of the puzzle if that's what you're saying the outside of the box should look like.)

Well, the only proof for a spherical earth is pictures. Pictures that we can not verify if they are real or digitally manipulated. There exists no other form of proof or evidence for a spherical earth. I guess that makes the ball earth just a conjecture, just an idea, as well.

@eddiebravo

Hi Eddie. What's the craziest thing you did not told in the end of your debate with Joe Rogan?
    Even thought it's too crazy I really want to hear about it.

Is it somehow connected to that our current reality is like matrix?

Please reply.

Open minded truth seeker from Ukraine

Array

School
    breathmindphysineurology-awareness
    Quote Originally Posted by keepsake View Post
    Well, the only proof for a spherical earth is pictures. Pictures that we can not verify if they are real or digitally manipulated. There exists no other form of proof or evidence for a spherical earth. I guess that makes the ball earth just a conjecture, just an idea, as well.
    I think I'll just have to conclude that people who believe in flat earth cant even figure out what constitutes evidentiary and what does not.

Array

School
    dem maffs

http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...l=1#post269283

My take is, if you believe the standard model of physics is correct, then proceeding from first principles - a liquid will assume the shape of its container, and in a vacuum that shape is a sphere. The math on the standard model is a very good 4d representation of reality - it provides ways to describe phenomena, (and more importantly) ways to predict phenomena.

That said, they are all but approximations, just as Newton's motion equations were simplified versions of Einstein's General Relativity, GR is an approximation as well. How do we know GR is reasonably correct? The measurement of the perihelion procession of Mercury is a very good example - that basically tells you that if the Michaelson-Morely experiment was run pretty close to something as massive as the sun, it would have been able to measure that frame dragging effect, same as Mercury's orbit is just a bit quicker than it "should" be.

GR is consistent enough to go there, but not where it breaks in black holes, where a richer enhancement like string theory is needed. Just like newton's equations were enough to shoot a bb from a spring loaded pin back in high school and if you hit the paper over there on the floor by your equations, you passed that lab...once we get to larger size and massenergy scales, yes, the limitations of the Standard Model are right there for all to see. That's why its important to understand that even the standard model is an approximation.

Keypoint is its shown by experiment to be correct within a certain margin. And that margin is pretty much most places outside the interiors of black holes. So the math, and models thereof, have to be able to make reasonably correct predictions, otherwise...lets be honest *OtterWink* we all know what can be said of models that so loosely translate to reality and have had liberties taken *cough*agw*cough*

A flat surface just simply not a natural object - nature has a way of liking curved things, and flat only occurs if the curve is *that* large. I've seen nothing that would explain how such a structure would form, how it would contain a magnetosphere to keep the solar wind from blowing the atmosphere away, like what happened on Mars.

Errors in calculating atmospheric optics dont count imho, because heat & humidity, wind, can all distort a measurement - have these measurements been painstakingly carried out to eliminate every last possible measurement error, every last discrepancy explained? I dont think anyone has seriously ever attempted this, so in my book this assertion is not quite "supported by experiment" as claimed.

Nothing from first principles of formation and such is a big one for me as well. So unless one believes that aliens are in the business of stamping out some weird shit for their experiments to live on...more evidence that there is no missing link because it was artificial, than there is evidence for this weird mythical flat object to exist that goes against all kinds of well established physics...its almost as bad as believing in the 911 commission report.

That said, I think the only *dangerous speech* is the notion of not being able to have the conversation at all. So when Eddie asked Joe "have you looked in to it," it is only due diligence to go and find the strongest points of the opposing argument and understand them. The rules of the game should be www.yourlogicalfallacyis.com and by that - the appeal to incredulity argument would be as quickly rejected as Joe & Jamie's rejection.

The best lies are always a mix of truth and lies, and the process of trying to figure out what's lies and what's truth - logic and math arent bad guides to have. The way math is taught is horrid, a dozen years of rote calculation, not too many arent turned off by that.

/\

That big paragraph you typed did not contain a single piece of evidence supporting the conjecture that this physical world we live on is a spherical shaped planet.

You mentioned "black holes", "massive sun", and "what happened to mars".

You don't know what a black hole is. You've never measured one because you can't even see one. Black holes are theoretical fairy tales. There exists no proof of them.

You have no proof that the sun is 93 million miles away or if it's even bigger than the earth. You only believe so because that's what you've been told in school and by "scientists". So, you won't dare question the legitimacy because you are afraid you will be laughed at by those you consider intellectual.

And what happened to Mars?! LOL, you know for sure what Mars used to be like. I guess you believe NASA really has a remote control robotic vehicle up there. That's funny.

Cosmological Science is one hell of a religion.

Array

School
    That big paragraph you typed did not contain a single piece of evidence supporting the conjecture that this physical world we live on is a spherical shaped planet.

You mentioned "black holes", "massive sun", and "what happened to mars".

You don't know what a black hole is. You've never measured one because you can't even see one. Black holes are theoretical fairy tales. There exists no proof of them.

You have no proof that the sun is 93 million miles away or if it's even bigger than the earth. You only believe so because that's what you've been told in school and by "scientists". So, you won't dare question the legitimacy because you are afraid you will be laughed at by those you consider intellectual.

And what happened to Mars?! LOL, you know for sure what Mars used to be like. I guess you believe NASA really has a remote control robotic vehicle up there. That's funny.

Cosmological Science is one hell of a religion.
    So let me get this straight....basically, you reject any and all information, by anyone, regarding anything - except for this whole flat earth thing, that just seems to make sense to you? You can't maths, therefore you reject a very consistent model's ability for prediction?

*shrugs* Doesnt sound like there's much of any discussion to be had with you, man. Summarily rejecting all that you dont understand and never taking a single step to understand, basically provides a worldview where one is to forever remain ignorant.

And the fact that the earth is round is not a conjecture, nor is it a hypothesis - Law is a pretty stringent word, but the fact that liquids, gasses, and conglomerations of solids ALL behave in the same general fashion where they conform to the geodesic and assemble into a sphere shape when they all share the same vector....

yeah, I dont know why I'd try explaining that one yet again - when your target doesnt understand first principles, I guess that's how he winds up believing in a conjecture that has no first principles to it even.

this happens when you're 3.5 standard deviations dealing with double digits.

Well, the only proof for a spherical earth is pictures. Pictures that we can not verify if they are real or digitally manipulated. There exists no other form of proof or evidence for a spherical earth.
    There is plenty of conclusive evidence that our world is spherical. You just have to look at it and give it a fair shake instead of tossing it out the window as if it's propaganda because it doesn't jive with your ingrained alternative belief.

So let me get this straight....basically, you reject any and all information, by anyone, regarding anything - except for this whole flat earth thing, that just seems to make sense to you? You can't maths, therefore you reject a very consistent model's ability for prediction?

*shrugs* Doesnt sound like there's much of any discussion to be had with you, man. Summarily rejecting all that you dont understand and never taking a single step to understand, basically provides a worldview where one is to forever remain ignorant.

And the fact that the earth is round is not a conjecture, nor is it a hypothesis - Law is a pretty stringent word, but the fact that liquids, gasses, and conglomerations of solids ALL behave in the same general fashion where they conform to the geodesic and assemble into a sphere shape when they all share the same vector....

yeah, I dont know why I'd try explaining that one yet again - when your target doesnt understand first principles, I guess that's how he winds up believing in a conjecture that has no first principles to it even.

this happens when you're 3.5 standard deviations dealing with double digits.
    You can resort to trying to insult me all you want. But the hard truth is... you don't understand anything about what you're saying. Let's start with black holes.

There are no pictures of black holes. You can't see a black hole. You can't measure a black hole. Your idol scientists claim a black hole is a star that has exploded and collapsed back into itself creating a hole in the fabric of space. This hole in the fabric of space has some sort of "sucking" effect, in which. if any other star or planet comes close enough will be sucked into the hole and thrown out the other side to another dimension or universe.

No one has ever witnessed such an event, let alone have photo or video. BUT you believe it.

So, can you provide real, actual evidence that black holes exist? No, you can't because NOBODY can see or measure or even snap a picture of one.

So, why do you bring up black holes like you have definite proof of one?

Array

School
    You cant even grasp the verbiage you are using, how do you expect me to have a discussion with you when you wont read what I write in a thorough enough manner to understand it. If you read my first post that I quoted, thoroughly, you would understand that your question has already been answered.

This is why there has been a perversion of language, writing, speech; its why math is kept rote for 12 years to kill people's interest in it.

When the people cant have a good accurate discussion, they wont be able to assemble and take down the counterfeiting house that has infiltrated the country.

(read Wayne Barbuto's Its Not The Law for more on that one, to understand why the fedgov has been illegitimate for the last 157 years and never lawfully reconvened after the south seceded and why that has played into all semblance of law being destroyed and replaced with corporate charters.)

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    I'm nobody special, nor do I run shit here..but if you're debating the Earth with people here, can you take it elsewhere, please? I'm here to read Q & A with Eddie. Thanks.