Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ray View Post
    What is this "high leg" you've mentioned a couple times?

The capoeira wrap... I'm salivating thinking about this...
    The high leg motion is when you step back bringing your heel to your ass, and stepping backward with your leg high in the air. Think the big back stepping motion of a Capoeira pass across the body.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Please film that caio terra 50/50 escape and put it on this thread ASAP please

Quote Originally Posted by Ericp View Post
    Eddie this is the exact escape I was talking about. Seriously a high percentage escape/pass for me. I don't get stuck in 5050 anymore at all and it translates very well to no gi. I just get a death grip on the wrist go foot on the bicep and theres a huge hole to kick that leg over and pass.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    So I have a Crucifix set up from the Capoiera pass that I really need to sell the leg lock to make my opponent react correctly. So now I'm just going to start really attacking the legs from there and the Crucifix will be a plan B if the opportunity presents itself. Dewitt showed me a good kneebar from there but I was wondering what are some other good attacks from that position? I know the reverse heel hook is there as well but havent been able to get it.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Yes there is a bunch both Yockel and I have different stuff we attack from there. I either use it as an entry to Russian Cowboy or go a clamp to straight ankle lock/heel hook. Scott has a whole series off a Texas Clover leaf,heel hool and a bunch of other good shit from there that he hits alot.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    The Capeoira Cowboy starts at 15:11 Mark:

We'll be shooting Scotts stuff in a future epsiode.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    this really is the ultimate leg lock thread. i feel like when i get over to murrica to train with you guys, my lower body game will feel like something below a white belt level in comparison. i do a few basic straight foot locks and ive had some success with them. and watching some dean lister helped but hot diggity, reading about all these techniques, its like finally feeling like youre getting through MTRG and then all of a sudden a much more in depth newer and more technical version comes out and you realise that what seem like heaps before is really a fleck of dirt on a mountain of information.

in saying that, did you really and i mean REALLY have to name these techniques after food. its 3am in the morning and all i can think about is getting me some turkey subs from subway. awesome thread. lower body stuff is definitely coming up on my list of important shit to learn and practice.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Eddie and I came up with the Turkey Wrap when I showed it too him, he asked if it was the same think as the Ham Sandwhich. I explained the diffrences (the different angle, stretching the legs vs leg curls etc.) and after about 2 or 3 different ideas Turkey Wrap stuck.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Eddie and I came up with the Turkey Wrap when I showed it too him, he asked if it was the same think as the Ham Sandwhich. I explained the diffrences (the different angle, stretching the legs vs leg curls etc.) and after about 2 or 3 different ideas Turkey Wrap stuck.
    atleast its a vaguely healthy food, i spose it couldve always been big mac special or something.

in saying that youve gone and done it now, im getting a turkey sub tomorrow.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    atleast its a vaguely healthy food, i spose it couldve always been big mac special or something.

in saying that youve gone and done it now, im getting a turkey sub tomorrow.
    Don't blame your Gluten posioning on me!

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Anybody played with this back take yet from reverse cowboy with the wrong arm hook in?

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast