Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Zog from the Capoiera Cowboy do you find that guys will triangle their legs pretty quick or are you getting that kneebar pretty smoothly? Also which of your videos do you go over the Texas Cloverleaf. I have a general idea how to apply it but would like a better break down than what I'm finding on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post
    Anybody played with this back take yet from reverse cowboy with the wrong arm hook in?

I have gone for that one but havent put any serious reps into it. Rafa Mendes has a video of it too that I originally saw.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Ronin & Project: Cauliflower Ear
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentSmith View Post
    I have gone for that one but havent put any serious reps into it. Rafa Mendes has a video of it too that I originally saw.
    This is the one I was talking about that works well with the Top Rock back step series.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    this really is the ultimate leg lock thread. i feel like when i get over to murrica to train with you guys, my lower body game will feel like something below a white belt level in comparison. i do a few basic straight foot locks and ive had some success with them. and watching some dean lister helped but hot diggity, reading about all these techniques, its like finally feeling like youre getting through MTRG and then all of a sudden a much more in depth newer and more technical version comes out and you realise that what seem like heaps before is really a fleck of dirt on a mountain of information.

in saying that, did you really and i mean REALLY have to name these techniques after food. its 3am in the morning and all i can think about is getting me some turkey subs from subway. awesome thread. lower body stuff is definitely coming up on my list of important shit to learn and practice.
    10 really does have some knowledge on the lower body attacks. Glad to have a place to go and ask my dummy questions. So far this version of the Ultimate Leg Lock thread isnt hostile at all like version 1 lol. Should we start a 5050 debate on this one too Zog?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby Shell View Post
    This is the one I was talking about that works well with the Top Rock back step series.
    That Top rock DVD took my Capoiera pass to the next level. I dont get anybody a chance to work any of their half guard as soon as they even start to get something beneficial like an under hook, I Capoeira and boom I'm either attacking the feet, passing to 3/4 mount or Crucifix. So good.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post
    Anybody played with this back take yet from reverse cowboy with the wrong arm hook in?

Haven't seen that one, gunna have to play with it. I don't think the direction of the deep hook will make much of an impact in taking the back.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    That Top rock DVD took my Capoiera pass to the next level. I dont get anybody a chance to work any of their half guard as soon as they even start to get something beneficial like an under hook, I Capoeira and boom I'm either attacking the feet, passing to 3/4 mount or Crucifix. So good.[/QUOTE]

Its funny the top rock video came alittle while after I was in nyc at Bodycomb's old school. I tought a class all on the ham sandwhich stuff I do. After class was over,I was talking to one of the instructors named Tyga. He trains with Marcelo and Bodycomb. I showed him my capoeira series (which looks very similar to Top Rock) and ask him to give it some reps on the guys at Marcelos. Next I find out the Ham sandwhich I showed the head instructor, he taught the next weekend to Pablo Popovitch at his school. Then the top rock video, guess I should have put out the video first.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentSmith View Post
    Zog from the Capoiera Cowboy do you find that guys will triangle their legs pretty quick or are you getting that kneebar pretty smoothly? Also which of your videos do you go over the Texas Cloverleaf. I have a general idea how to apply it but would like a better break down than what I'm finding on youtube.

Doesn't matter if they cross their legs, I will finish them with one of the many different finishes from the Russian Cowboy. If they cross the legs or triangle them, they are getting knee crushed.

I have a few videos out with the Texas Clover Leaf. I'll post a few.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Yockel View Post
    Its funny the top rock video came alittle while after I was in nyc at Bodycomb's old school. I tought a class all on the ham sandwhich stuff I do. After class was over,I was talking to one of the instructors named Tyga. He trains with Marcelo and Bodycomb. I showed him my capoeira series (which looks very similar to Top Rock) and ask him to give it some reps on the guys at Marcelos. Next I find out the Ham sandwhich I showed the head instructor, he taught the next weekend to Pablo Popovitch at his school. Then the top rock video, guess I should have put out the video first.
    Don't stress it, we know they got it from you. Imitation is the biggest form of flattery.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Texas Clover Leaf Vs 50/50 3:24Mark:

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Texas Clover Leaf from Twister Side Control 7:27 Mark:

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Yockel View Post

Could have made some extra cash!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast